I don't want no e-mails

Illyrio Mo'Parties

Whut

As far as I can tell my notifications settings are set-up so that I won't get e-mails from Westeros, and yet they still come, a weekly digest, new comments... short of blocking them in my e-mail client, is there something else I can do here? I don't want to receive any e-mails from Westeros. Cheers y'alls

1. ...is that a wind-up? Are you being a cheeky monkey? I can't tell.

2. Through prayer and liquor, I'll find a way a to cope without it

3. I think I have, but tell you what: why don't you cast your gimlet eye over these screencaps - http://imgur.com/a/DqCuR - and tell me if I've done something wrong?

P.S. Thanks for responding

For those as wonders, I think I figured it out:

Any changes you make to your notification settings here won't be applied retroactively. You'll have to manually change the preferences by going here and clicking "change preferences" for any content that you were following previously.

Like I said, I think I've figured it out: if I still get e-mails coming through I will update this thread, on the off-chance that anybody else finds this helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first time visiting these forums since i registered probably which i dont even remember doing. All of a sudden my email inbox was inundated with nonsense topics i have no interest in. I dont know why i was all of a sudden subscribed to entire general chat forums of all things, i almost missed some important emails as I expected these to stop and just get the occasional newsletter or whatever. Instead I had to fail at guessing my password, then eventually reset it and figure out how to unfollow entire forums. Why would you all of a sudden subscribe me to constant emails for 3 general conversation forums?

Admins/mods/whoever need to deactivate those immediately disable that for people who didnt set it up themselves because i imagine theres a lot of users getting this that wont be able to figure it out.

Archived