Gift theory

Kiwi

8 hours ago, Nymeria's pack said:

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me that Rickon, Osha and Shaggydog would have gone to Last Hearth.  Osha is wildling, she wouldn't be welcome or she'd be mistreated, and Shaggy is an uncontrollable direwolf who would have been locked up or chained.  Rickon was already acting out at Winterfell, with his two closest friends and protectors being ill treated or possibly killed, how would he respond? Osha isn't stupid, so she would have figured this out beforehand and never would have gone there. 

Of course this is wishful thinking, the show has Bran telling them to go to Last Hearth and suddenly the Umbers show up with a 'Gift'. True plot twists have been scarce lately so that leads me to believe that Rickon is the Gift, which is breaking my heart for the poor little boy and his loyal companions. Why Ramsay smiles though he wouldn't recognise Rickon? Like Sam, he knows a direwolf when he sees one.  I am absolutely dreading this episode. 

I agree, I never dreaded an episode like this one. All this season does is make me hope that Winds of Winter will be released soon. I could stop watching, but it's like a train wreck . A lot of terrible things happen in the books but I never have the feeling they are written for shock value, unlike the show. 

I think the Umbers betrayed the Starks for good. If that wasn't Shaggydog, then Ramsay would've noticed it was a normal wolf. Also, we've already seen images in which Umber's banners are seen alongside Bolton's banners during...

Spoiler

the fight against the wildlings, probably around episde 9. We also now this fight is coming; probably Ramsay holding Rickon captive is one of the catalysts of this battle

39 minutes ago, Rajam said:

I think the Umbers betrayed the Starks for good. If that wasn't Shaggydog, then Ramsay would've noticed it was a normal wolf. Also, we've already seen images in which Umber's banners are seen alongside Bolton's banners during...

I think all signs point to the Umbers doublecrossing the Boltons. Roose would have noticed that the wolf's head was too small to be that of an actual direwolf, but Ramsey isn't as smart as Roose. Ramsay's killing his father will prove to be his ultimate undoing.

Archived