Possible reason why we never hear about Rhae and Daella's descendants

HouseFossoway

Plenty of people, myself included, are wondering who Rhae and Daella (sisters of Aegon V) married, and who their descendants are today, since obviously it might have an impact on inheritance claims, and general blood of the dragon stuff, or at the very least, show how Brienne is Duncan the Tall's descendant. But there is another logical explanation for why we never hear about them at all: Summerhall.

According to the wiki, "Aegon summoned many of those closest to him to Summerhall to celebrate the impending birth of his first great-grandchild to Aerys and Rhaella". As the sisters of the King, and presumably on good terms with him, it would be likely that they were there, along with their children, and maybe even grandchildren.

It would explain why what happened to them or their descendants is never mentioned, since Summerhall is also not mentioned very often, and when it is, few people give many details, evan about what is known.

It is certainly a possibility that Daella and Rhae died at Summerhall, just as Egg's other relations (his niece Princess Vaella, his nephew Prince Maegor, and his cousin Princess Daenora, or any unknown descendants of those) might have died there.

However, if the Targaryen ancestry of the Tarths is a thing - and that's pretty likely - then Selwyn obviously did not die at Summerhall (and neither did Steffon Baratheon, a grandson of Aegon V).

My personal guess is that Dunk and Daella married and Dunk only joined the KG after her untimely death in the 220s or early 230s. Rhae certainly could have lived into her fifties to be around at Summerhall but it is somewhat of a stretch to assume she was close to her brother at that time.

The same also goes for Daenora/Maegor (who might have been not close to Aegon V after he effectively stole Maegor's throne) but Vaella was a simpleton and might thus have been cared for by Egg and his family. She could easily enough have been there if she was still alive at this point. Being born in 222 AC she would only have turned forty in 262 AC, after all.

3 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

However, if the Targaryen ancestry of the Tarths is a thing - and that's pretty likely - then Selwyn obviously did not die at Summerhall (and neither did Steffon Baratheon, a grandson of Aegon V).

What’s the thinking behind this theory? I don’t think I’ve come across it before.

3 minutes ago, Shouldve Taken The Black said:

What’s the thinking behind this theory? I don’t think I’ve come across it before.

A casual sentence in TWoIaF suggests very strongly that there was a recent intermarriage between the Targaryens and the Tarths.

My guess is that Egg's sister Daella married Dunk and that a daughter of theirs is the mother of Selwyn Tarth. Thus we explain both the Targaryen-Tarth and the Dunk-Tarth connection (the latter being indicated in AFfC).

1 hour ago, Lord Varys said:

A casual sentence in TWoIaF suggests very strongly that there was a recent intermarriage between the Targaryens and the Tarths.

My guess is that Egg's sister Daella married Dunk and that a daughter of theirs is the mother of Selwyn Tarth. Thus we explain both the Targaryen-Tarth and the Dunk-Tarth connection (the latter being indicated in AFfC).

Interesting, thanks

Archived