The Mad King's child with Joanna

9 hours ago, Lew Theobald said:

Certainly, "Jon and Meera are twins" would not be on the top of my list of theories that people think are canon.  But feel free to provide a link to a discussion where this alleged army of intolerant bullies argues that "Jon and Meera are twins" is canon, and nobody should be allowed to disagree with them. 

Seriously?

Again, you're literally disagreeing with me over how *I* feel about something. Why should I "waste my energy" to provide evidence to back up my opinion on my opinion? I mean, this isn't even ASOIAF discussion anymore. We're now discussing "How Unfit Finlay really feels about the Meera and Jon being twins theory?" and you're arguing with me about it even though I'm kind of the GRRM of that particular topic.

I hate that theory and plenty of others too. You may think that's unreasonable, irrational or whatever but, frankly, I really don't care. Your opinion on my opinion is not going to change my feelings in the slightest.

Tyrion has Tywin's wits + his 'monstrosity' matches GRRM's theory that inbreeding = bad (Joanna and Tywin are first cousins). If there's anyone whose a Lannister bastard then that would be the twins. They share their obsession  with incest + Cersei shares Aerys madness and paranioa. Which might also explain why Aerys refrained of threatening Tywin with Jamie. Kinslaying might be a no no even for the mad king himself.

Regarding dragon dreams. Well, Joanna's mother is a Prester whose seat is located at FeastFIRES. Is that a coincidence? Maybe yes, maybe no

39 minutes ago, Lew Theobald said:

I guess that's probably true.  Usually when people accuse others of believing their opinions are "canon" or "infallible", that is usually what is going on.  They are not talking saying anything meaningful about the other person's views at all.  They are just discussing their own feelings.

Sort of like how you've been doing throughout this entire discussion?

There's no probably about it either. You've flat out been telling me how I feel, avoiding any discussion about the actual topic and analysing what I've been saying before then twisting it so it fits in with your own beliefs.

I find it a bit weird to be honest.

33 minutes ago, devilish said:

Regarding dragon dreams. Well, Joanna's mother is a Prester whose seat is located at FeastFIRES. Is that a coincidence? Maybe yes, maybe no

I kind of think that Tyrion's dragon dreams could be explained away just by looking at who he is. He's an ugly dwarf who killed his mother, is reviled by his father and sister and seen as cursed by the small folk. More than that, he has to live in the shadow of his handsome, charming older brother and the legacy of being part of one of oldest, most prestigious Houses in the realm. When you think about it like that, it's not really surprising that he'd subconsciously want a dragon and the power that would go along with it.

Archived