Kevan Lannister and house Castamere

I just read something that I had forgot, Kevan Lannister was as an warden at House Castamere. I don't remember reading anything about his thoughts on the massacre at the mines. Surely it in some way felt a bit for him as for Theon seeing house Stark fall.  Kevan does not seem to me as such a cold character as Tywin, even if he always followed his brother. I wonder if he thought it was to brutal move from Tywin against the people he spent many years with.

Do you have a source for Kevan being a ward of house Castamere because I can't find it anywhere?

Nevertheless, Kevan is being described as recognizing Tywin's superiority and being unfailingly obedient so whatever private thought he might have had about the issue, he wouldn't share it with the world. He seems loyal to the Lannister family so I think he thought it was a necassary brutal move, as a lot of other people think in the books. 

But again, I can't find it being mentioned anywhere that Kevan was a ward in Castamere. 

50 minutes ago, Deepbollywood Motte said:

Do you have a source for Kevan being a ward of house Castamere because I can't find it anywhere?

Nevertheless, Kevan is being described as recognizing Tywin's superiority and being unfailingly obedient so whatever private thought he might have had about the issue, he wouldn't share it with the world. He seems loyal to the Lannister family so I think he thought it was a necassary brutal move, as a lot of other people think in the books. 

But again, I can't find it being mentioned anywhere that Kevan was a ward in Castamere. 

"Late that year, Lord Tytos agreed to wed his seven-year-old daughter, Genna, to a younger son of Walder Frey, Lord of the Crossing. Though but ten years of age, Tywin denounced the betrothal in scathing terms. Lord Tytos did not relent, yet still men could see that this ironwilled, fearless child was hard beyond his years and nothing like his amiable father.

Not long after, Lord Tytos dispatched his heir to King's Landing, to serve as a cupbearer at King Aegon's court. His lordship's second son, Kevan, was sent away as well, to serve as page and later squire to the Lord of Castamere."

From the World of Ice and Fire

1 hour ago, Horse of Kent said:

"Late that year, Lord Tytos agreed to wed his seven-year-old daughter, Genna, to a younger son of Walder Frey, Lord of the Crossing. Though but ten years of age, Tywin denounced the betrothal in scathing terms. Lord Tytos did not relent, yet still men could see that this ironwilled, fearless child was hard beyond his years and nothing like his amiable father.

Not long after, Lord Tytos dispatched his heir to King's Landing, to serve as a cupbearer at King Aegon's court. His lordship's second son, Kevan, was sent away as well, to serve as page and later squire to the Lord of Castamere."

From the World of Ice and Fire

Ah okay, missed that.

I think the lord of Castamere would already have rebellious thoughts by then so Kevan may have felt being more of a hostage than a ward. Being a member of house Lannister I think he supported his brother in the decision to put them down, although he probably would have befriended some of the Castameres in his time there which would make it harder for him. The Castameres were unwilling to bend the knee so the actions of Tywin were the only option in my eyes.

Archived