The wait is killing me

Humble Asskicker

I am dying. Every time I have to type in the date on something at work - which is very often - my brain goes "OMG # MORE DAYS" and I literally bounce up and down in my seat just a little. Everyone around me thinks I'm insane. The illusion of being normal that I previously had has been shattered (though to be fair, it may have been cracked when I fessed that I go to a Star Trek convention every year in Las Vegas). You know that feeling right before you do something that's a little insane but you know/hope is gonna be fabulously awesome? That terror and excitement all rolled up in one? Yeah, that.

I ordered the ebook (I'll get the dead tree one when it comes out in paperback) ... so I'll be getting at at 2am I guess. I think I'm gonna go to bed stupid late on Sunday night, so that on Monday I'm exhausted. That way I'll go to bed really early Monday night, and can get up at like 4am so I can read for a couple hours before work. The iPad will of course be brought to work. Coffee and lunch break next week are prime reading time. Thank god I carpool and someone else drives - I can read on the commute too, yaaaay!

I'm going nuts. Until yesterday I thought that I was going to have to wait until the 16th to start reading since I'm on vacation till then. Thank God I found a small book store that is getting a shipment in. I'm actually kind of torn whether or not I want the next few days to go by fast since I don't want my vacation to fly by, but at the same time I REALLY want to start reading this damn book.

getting the pdf version on July 12th. I wish I could get a real, you know, real copy of the book, but none of the bookstores I've asked here are getting a copy in and it would take way, way too long to have it shipped. In the meantime I've got calculus homework, but I just can't concentrate...

I am on my third re-read and trying to finish AFFC. I gotta say, I am not a huge fan of that book :/ I know it has its supporters and its not bad per say, but its just nowhere nearly as good as the previous three. If anything, Ive noticed the difference even more with reading them all in one go.

In any case, I hope I finish it before the book releases :P

Just got order update from Amazon, new shipping date 16th-19th July. :bawl:

Your from the UK?

Cancel your order and order from waterstones, my order shipped yesterday, I am just waiting fro the postman now.

Cant wait!! :drool:

I think I'll finish my re-read of ACoK today and will be able to get ASoS done this weekend, so the fact that, according to amazon, I will have the book in hand on the 16th doesn't bother me that much. If I finished me re-read already, it would be very different, but it seems my timing is actually quite on the spot.

I ordered at my local place yesterday, which, God bless 'em, had massive posters up exhorting people to Pre-Order or ELSE!

They're gonna ring me on the 12th to tell me to pick it up. As if I'd forget!

I hate hardbacks though - it's gonna look stupid next to the others on my bookshelf, just like my copy of The Heroes standing about a mile higher than the other Abercrombies, but hey ho....

My problem is now, finding the time to read it, as I'm working 12th - 15th, and then I'm at a distant wedding from 15th - 17th....I'm actually getting anxious about having the book and not being able to read it! THE HORROR!!!

I think I'm gonna have to cut into my sleeping time!

And also, I'm realising that boy oh boy did I ever skim through Dany's chapters the first time around. I've also never re-read her chapters (cos they kinda bored me) and now I'm really regretting it cos I can't remember a damn thing. I'm gonna be totally lost, reading her bits in ADWD.

May have to go over to the Tower of the Hand to get summations.

Some people dream about money or women....

I just woke up from the greatest dream ever in which I was in Germany for business. While there, I was at lunch with someone who knew a book publisher who just happened to give me a copy of it. I promptly thanked the person for their business and retired to my hotel room to read.

I guess its not enough I am taking a couple days off work (in the real world) next week to read this book. Dream me is also ditching work to read it.

Going to be a long weekend.... Where's the beer?

i got a book store that has a midnight release which is pretty cool , it was driving me so nuts yesterday that i went to the bigger chain book store and i ofeered someone $200 for the fucking thing and they laughed and thought i was joking ughhhhh I JUST WANT TO READ IT !!

I cancelled my Amazon order as well, they say they are going to ship ( not deliver, but ship) on the 14th, and that is just ludicrous and unacceptable.

Of course, I have tried my local stores but none will even have it in stock the next week. So I have reverted to a Dutch online store who says they will send it on the 12th. If they actually do as promised, I will have it on the 13th or 14th.

On another note, are there people here who have taken days off from work to read the book? I have thought about doing that. I tend to be quite knackered when I come home and don't have much reading energy left after 8 hours of computer work.

I cancelled my Amazon order as well, they say they are going to ship ( not deliver, but ship) on the 14th, and that is just ludicrous and unacceptable.

Of course, I have tried my local stores but none will even have it in stock the next week. So I have reverted to a Dutch online store who says they will send it on the 12th. If they actually do as promised, I will have it on the 13th or 14th.

On another note, are there people here who have taken days off from work to read the book? I have thought about doing that. I tend to be quite knackered when I come home and don't have much reading energy left after 8 hours of computer work.

My fellow dutchman,

If you live near Rotterdam, i visited Selexyz Donner yesterday, and they assured me they would sell the book on the 12th

Oh Gods. I just read the latest Anne Groell interview and she mentioned a certain chapter (as in, she said where in the book it is) where a massive twist happens, and her subsequent reaction. Now I can't get that out of my head. It will be so hard to not check the chapterhead on that chapter to see who gets the twist. Gahgr!!!

The wait is killing me! I can't take it much longer!

The worst thing is, after burning through the book and all its twists...that will be it for a few years. I really believe TWOW will take much less time than ADWD...but still. At least there's the TV show to sort of fill that hole :)

Archived