GoT Tattoo

Pyre

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah, I'm getting either a Stark or Lannister sigil, either on my left arm or chest depending on which house I go with. Most of my friend's/family reckon Stark but they've only seen the show. I like the Lannisters and after taking a quiz that chooses which house you belong I'm sure I'll go with the Lannister house sigil.

I also like the Greyjoy sigil, and motto, but I do not like the Greyjoys.

Hah, I would totally do this. I almost got an HK-47 tattoo years back but just never got around to it. I agree with some of the posters that said it may be best to at least wait and see how it ends. What if you end up hating House Martell? But you know, maybe you love them no matter what :) Plus, you may not want to wait another 10-15 years or so to get it, which I'm guessing will be when the last book is out (hey, I pretend that the official release date of TWOW is 2021, so I can't get my hopes up anymore :P).

And no, I don't think HBO and definitely not GRRM would be mad at you. If anything, HBO would be ecstatic that people are giving them all of that free advertising, I would think....

To Kstolen23... HOW DARE YOU. I am just kidding, but c'mon, the Greyjoys are a monster house. Here is my house Greyjoy tattoo (granted, from the HBO version of the sigil, but I was planning it for a while and it worked as a near mirror image to my other tattoo so I went with it). Sorry for the low-quality photo, but you get the just of it. Better pics to come when its fully healed :( http://i41.tinypic.com/6s53t4.jpg

I got this before I started reading the books, http://i42.tinypic.com/dfczcz.jpg. Then I was like whoa this is a lannister lion! So i think my other forearm is going to get a Stark Direwolf. My last name is Stark and it would be sacrilege for me to have a lion on meand not a wolf. So both works for me. I've just gotta figure how I want to do the stark banner.

BTW a couple of days ago I looked at all the fan art photos on MartinĀ“s page, and somehow I get the impression it has not been updated for YEARS ... nobody who sends martin pictures? Or has he decided not to post any more?

Maybe he fears parents will start naming their children "Walder", "Vargo" or "Qyburn" ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

I've been thinking about this idea for a tattoo for awhile now:

(For arm sleeve extend to chest or back tattoo) A lion, dragon, direwolf, stag, and kraken all fighting each other somehow trying to reach the crown. This is the most epic GoT tattoo idea I can think of.

Archived