Could Sandor Clegane be a warg?

daisyberisha

In AFfc, Brienne VI, the Elder Brother talks about Stranger saying "I fear he has his former master's nature,". This gave way to a little suspicion that Sandor may have warged into Stranger and that that was the reason that Sandor was the only one who could tame the beast, why the stallion only took kindly to Sandor and no one else. Also, if it is true that he is a warg, what else might he have warged into? And is he so adept a warger that he warged into the dog he petted while digging the grave??? :dunno: What could this mean? Where is wargSandor and what is he doing?!

I doubt he's a warg. Some people just get on really well with animals :)

On the other hand, I am nursing a crackpot theory that Dunk had a liaison in the north, maybe with Young Nan, and some of the offspring from that managed to marry into Houses Clegane and Tarth. Maybe there were some northern warg genes along with the ones for freakish height? (Of course, this hits at least an 8 on the lunacy scale. :cheers: )

In AFfc, Brienne VI, the Elder Brother talks about Stranger saying "I fear he has his former master's nature,". This gave way to a little suspicion that Sandor may have warged into Stranger and that that was the reason that Sandor was the only one who could tame the beast, why the stallion only took kindly to Sandor and no one else. Also, if it is true that he is a warg, what else might he have warged into? And is he so adept a warger that he warged into the dog he petted while digging the grave??? :dunno: What could this mean? Where is wargSandor and what is he doing?!

I could believe he warged with the graveyard dog better (and the old dog that follows Sansa around ;)). Strange just came off as a mean horse that was never gelded. By they way, hey Sister! :)

I doubt he was a warg as well. Some people just have the ability to bond with animals better than others. Dogs seem to be tuned in to that kind of thing. We know Sandor liked dogs; apparently they liked him too.

Stranger was just a badass stallion who only responded to one person. That's not unusual at all, for any horse. Stallions especially seem to do this.

WargSandor is no match for Wargmaster Sansa :P You're way in crackpot theory here, but I like it! :D

This makes no sense. Stranger was always a mean horse. Sandor is just mean enough to beat his horse into submission so that is why they got along. A lesser man would have gotten rid of Stranger. Sandor bent it to his will is all. A mean horse for a mean dude is about all this equals.

WARGMAESTER SANSERION WILL BURNINATE YOU ALL!! Rar. *nom nom nom*

ps -- is it just me, or are the Hound-fans a little goofy lately? (no offense intended, ladies, as I count myself among you)

pps -- you don't need to "beat a horse into submission" to get it to listen to you, even if it's a mean-tempered stallion. There are more effective things you can do besides beating it (or warging it).

This makes no sense. Stranger was always a mean horse. Sandor is just mean enough to beat his horse into submission so that is why they got along. A lesser man would have gotten rid of Stranger. Sandor bent it to his will is all. A mean horse for a mean dude is about all this equals.

I always got the impression that he was actually rather gentle w/the horse. Like more than with humans...

Not that that means he's a warg...just that he probably feels more comfortable with animals than with people. No judging of the burns, no lying, etc. Sandor's an animal whisperer, is all ;)

I always got the impression that he was actually rather gentle w/the horse. Like more than with humans...

Not that that means he's a warg...just that he probably feels more comfortable with animals than with people. No judging of the burns, no lying, etc. Sandor's an animal whisperer, is all ;)

:agree: His family are descendants of kennel-masters, after all.

WARGMAESTER SANSERION WILL BURNINATE YOU ALL!! Rar. *nom nom nom*

ps -- is it just me, or are the Hound-fans a little goofy lately? (no offense intended, ladies, as I count myself among you)

pps -- you don't need to "beat a horse into submission" to get it to listen to you, even if it's a mean-tempered stallion. There are more effective things you can do besides beating it (or warging it).

I think we're a little goofy b/c of the lack of SanSan in S1 of the show (wtf to giving his storytelling moment to LF?!) and in ADWD (although that was more expected). We have nothing new to discuss, so we're getting restless... O_o

I think we're a little goofy b/c of the lack of SanSan in S1 of the show (wtf to giving his storytelling moment to LF?!) and in ADWD (although that was more expected). We have nothing new to discuss, so we're getting restless... O_o

I remember someone posting that season 2 is going to chock FULL of SanSan and that he'll get the chance to tell his own backstory! I knew HBO wouldn't let us down. :)

I remember someone posting that season 2 is going to chock FULL of SanSan and that he'll get the chance to tell his own backstory! I knew HBO wouldn't let us down. :)

I'll believe it when I see it <_<

Although I've heard that too...in fact, I may have been one of the ones to post it. Lol, now I'm contradicting myself.

I'll believe it when I see it <_<

Although I've heard that too...in fact, I may have been one of the ones to post it. Lol, now I'm contradicting myself.

LOL I hate it when that happens. By they way posted the link to the thread on Twitter. :)

Oh you Sandor fans. He's a great character, but you gotta let him RIP. The series won't be any good if every cool character ends up being Harry Potter.

LOL, don't tell us, tell GRRM! Because without seeing him die and with the evidence from Brienne's chapter on the Quiet Isle, I won't believe he's dead until GRRM shows us his head, like, sewn on Stranger's body, a la Robb/Grey Wind.

I am down with a Warg Sandor theory. I mean this book doesn't have that many normalicies. It usually means SOMETHING. It could be a connection to why he and Sansa have a connection..... But I am not GRRM........

Or am I?

Archived