Who would win?

Goddan

I've always wondered who was the most feared swordsman in Westeros and pondered alot of these matchups, heres my list

Barristan the Bold vs Arthur Dayne

Jaime Lannister vs Robert Baratheon

Prince Rhaegar vs Loras Tyrell (tilt)

Ser Jorah the Andal vs Sandor Clegane

Bronn vs Syrio

Victarion Greyjoy vs Gregor Clegane

Red Viper vs Khal Drogo

1) Dayne. Barristan would be older and we haven't heard of him having some ethereal weapon.

2) Jaime. He's quick, he knows what he's doing with a sword, and he hates Robert. Sure he'd have to live with the burning humiliation of being a Kingslayer again, and that might give him pause, but if Robert pushed him far enough he would no problem doing what needed to be done.

3) Loras. If this series has proven one thing it's that Rhaegar is a lover, not a fighter.

4) The Hound. Next-match-up, please.

5) Syrio. I actually imagine these guys have pretty similar fighting styles despite their obvious social differences, but Syrio's formal training gives him the slightest of edges.

6) The Mountain. Victarion is a good fighter, but not sneaky or clever enough to pull a Viper. Hell, even the Viper couldn't even pull off a Viper against Clegane.

7) Both. Drogo's lack of armor makes him especially vulnerable to a knick from a poisoned spear, but if the Viper was dumb enough to engage in an attack then Drogo would make sure he was dead. GoT made it pretty darn clear that his never losing a fight is not an exageration.

Who do you think would win these fights:

EMO CATEGORY

Jon Snow X Rhaegar

UNDEADS

Coldhands X UnGregor

REVENGE CATEGORY

Robb X Roose

Robb X Theon

Summer X Theon

Shaggydog X Ramsay

Brandon (Ned's brother) X Rhaegar

COOL CHICKS

Meera X Arya

Ygritte X Asha

THINK TOO HIGHLY OF THEMSELVES

Barristan X Jaime

Victarion X Loras

Here's a few more:

Balon Swann VS Areo Hotah... was hinted at in ADWD.

Strong Belwas VS the Blackfish.

Qhorin Halfhand VS Mance Rayder.

in a battle of 2 guys full of themselves, Lyn Corbray VS Gerold Dayne.

Daario Naharis VS Brienne

2 special fights:

Drogon, chained so he can't fly more than a few feet off of the ground, VS Ghost, Shaggydog, Summer and Nymeria.

and the main event.... LF vs Varys in a slapfight.

Balon over Hotah - Aerys death was really unfair, he was being shot at by crossbows and poked with spears before he even reached Hotah (and he even got shot in the shoulder) so Hotah is overrated imo, and he wears no armor I think?

Belwas vs Blackfish - big fan of the Blackfish, but gonna have to go with Belwas since hes been in action, and Blackfish shouldn't qualify though, and when he was offered to fight a one handed Jaime he refused, so he's probably not all good at swordsmanship, a good commander though.

Mance over Qhorin - Mance was holding his own like a boss in a sea of fully armor plated Knights at the battle near the Wall with a greatsword lol

Brieene over Daario - Brieene is just a freak she'd easily over power Darrio

Varys over LF - Varys was once a master thief I'm sure he can conjure up something to win :D

EMO CATEGORY

Jon Snow X Rhaegar

UNDEADS

Coldhands X UnGregor

REVENGE CATEGORY

Robb X Roose

Robb X Theon

Summer X Theon

Shaggydog X Ramsay

COOL CHICKS

Meera X Arya

Ygritte X Asha

Barristan X Jaime

Victarion X Loras

jon snow.. not sure though

coldhands

roose... much older and more experienced then robb.. give robb a few years and he would win

robb... i think rob is better with a sword then theon

summer

shaggydog

brandon

meera vs arya.. why did you have to do that? lol... probably arya

ygritte

barristan

loras

I've always wondered who was the most feared swordsman in Westeros and pondered alot of these matchups, heres my list

Bronn vs Syrio

Red Viper vs Khal Drogo

Arthur Dayne

Robert - smash that head in with that hammer of yours

Loras - he's perfect in tilts

Sandor

Bronn - he fights dirty

I'd really like Victarion to win

Khal Drogo - I know it's tv and not books but the guy rip some guy's throat out barehanded

Here's a few more:

Balon Swann VS Areo Hotah... was hinted at in ADWD.

Strong Belwas VS the Blackfish.

Qhorin Halfhand VS Mance Rayder.

in a battle of 2 guys full of themselves, Lyn Corbray VS Gerold Dayne.

Daario Naharis VS Brienne

2 special fights:

Drogon, chained so he can't fly more than a few feet off of the ground, VS Ghost, Shaggydog, Summer and Nymeria.

and the main event.... LF vs Varys in a slapfight.

Areo

The Blackfish - because he's awesome

Quorin

Gerold Dayne

Daario - Brienne is good but too rigid to fight against Daario

Drogon - he's huge and breaths fire

Varys - I hate Littlefinger

EMO CATEGORY

Jon Snow X Rhaegar

UNDEADS

Coldhands X UnGregor

REVENGE CATEGORY

Robb X Roose

Robb X Theon

Summer X Theon

Shaggydog X Ramsay

COOL CHICKS

Meera X Arya

Ygritte X Asha

Barristan X Jaime

Victarion X Loras

Jon - he'sa very good fighter

UnGregor - that must be one ugly man to go against

I'm a Starkfangirl so:

Robb

Robb

Summer

Shaggydog

Brandon

Arya

Asha

Jaime

Victarion

Okay, Tommen and Cersei talk about the Bad Cat (a black tomcat who also scratched Joffrey and feeds often upon Lannister ravens and has a torn ear) in the ADWD epilogue, although I could have sworn he is mentioned earlier (but with a possible 2 books to span, I think I'll just rely on the epilogue). Yes, apparently, the Bad Cat had been leering into Tommen's room via the window, before Ser Pounce set upon him and sent him fleeing across the roofs (I would hardly call that a major spoiler)

Thats sounds just like Arya's tom cat (I think he was one eared not one eyed) - so I'll to seriously upgrade my assessment of Ser Pounces gladiatorial abilities :shocked: :bowdown:

Bronn vs Syrio

Red Viper vs Khal Drogo

Arthur Dayne - who everyone says was the greatest knight who ever lived

eh..... Robert in his prime wins

Rhaegar, who won the greatest tourney of them all

Sandor

Syrio

Gregor

Viper hands down. Drogo's tough, but he doesn't fight with armor. Viper would win.

• 8 months later...

Hi, was just wondering what you all might think would happen if a couple of fights occured, that haven't and probably will not happen,

Ser Gregor Clegane vs GreatJon Umber

Robert Baratheon vs Eddard Stark (both in their prime)

Lord Beric Dondarrion vs Ser Loras Tyrell

Lord Garlan Tyrell vs Sandor Clegane

feel free to post your own what if fights and who you think will win

Mountain

Ned (I think everyone underestimate him)

Tyrell

Hound

Hi, was just wondering what you all might think would happen if a couple of fights occured, that haven't and probably will not happen,

Ser Gregor Clegane vs GreatJon Umber

Robert Baratheon vs Eddard Stark (both in their prime)

Lord Beric Dondarrion vs Ser Loras Tyrell

Lord Garlan Tyrell vs Sandor Clegane

feel free to post your own what if fights and who you think will win

Ser Gregor Clegane, Robert Baratheon, Ser loras Tyrell, Sandor Clegane.

Bronn vs Syrio

Red Viper vs Khal Drogo

Ser Arthur Dayne, Jaime Lannister in his prime,Loras Tyrell, Sandor Clegane, Gregor, The Red Viper though Im torn on that one, maybe if Drogo wore armour.

Also, with Dragons there is no contest, Aegon has Dragons and 10.000 soldier vs. 55.000 Lannisters army,

with Dragons help they won the 7 kingdom, even king in the north Torrhen afraid to attack Aegon, he know he doesn't have chance against Dragons

Ok direwolfs strong, can kill 20 or more soldier but Dragons level is different...

• 2 weeks later...
I've always wondered who was the most feared swordsman in Westeros and pondered alot of these matchups, heres my list Barristan the Bold vs Arthur Dayne Jaime Lannister vs Robert Baratheon Prince Rhaegar vs Loras Tyrell (tilt) Ser Jorah the Andal vs Sandor Clegane Bronn vs Syrio Victarion Greyjoy vs Gregor Clegane Red Viper vs Khal Drogo

Bronn vs Syrio

Red Viper vs Khal Drogo

i think ned would win.. no one gives him as much credit at sword fighting as he should get.. i think he would beat jamie lannister also even though he made jokes of killing ned stark if he had to but i think he was wary of him

i agree, everyone always assumed Ned's not that great of a fighter because he never took part in tourneys, or because people only ever speak of robert as the fighter, when its common knowledge Robert loved the glory of a fight, whereas Ned fought for duty. And he never took part in melees because he felt that it would give people an insight into how he fought which would be a weakness on the battle field should he ever fight them for real. He was a strategist at heart, and that carried over into his fighting. Obviously Robert was the stronger of the two, but who would be better in single combat, i think Ned has the upper hand in the long run, a warhammer has a long recovery time, and I feel Ned would be able to anticipate and dodge Roberts blows. But Robert would only need one hit to land and the fight would be done.

• 10 months later...

Northerners don't take part in tourneys because Northerners don't worship the Seven and thus can't be knights. They're not allowed to joust, even if they happened to be as good with the lance as any knight. Same goes for Ironborn: The only part of tourneys they can join is the melee.

Both Ser Barristan and Jaime Lannister comment on that at some point: That they've met/fought Northerner and Ironborn warriors that could quite easily hand most knights they know their asses to them, but that they won't ever be counted among the greatest fighters of Westeros because they ain't knights.

• 2 years later...

1th fight greatjon vs the moutain = greatjon

2th.robert baratheon vs eddard stark = robert baratheon

3th.lord beric vs loras tyrell = beric maybe loras its kinda tie between this guys

4th.garlan tyrell vs sandor clegane = obivious sandor clegane

Archived