Your favorite lines

Lord Qwerty

I believe it was "I'd rather drink a pint of piss than take the word of any Frey."

One irony is that Jaime actually had drunk about a pint of (horse) piss, in ASoS.

Speaking of Jaime, in an emo mood:

How can such a night be beautiful? he asked himself. Why would the stars want to look down on such as me?

Upon being addressed as "wench" by Jaime, multiple times:

"Brienne! My name is Brienne!"

Jaime, later, while fainting:

"Guards!" he heard the wench shout. "The Kingslayer!"

Jaime. he thought, my name is Jaime.

But my favourite passage from the whole series so far is the six pages (which I shall not re-type) leading up to:

"And the mystery knight should win the tourney, defeating every challenger, and name the wolf maid the queen of love and beauty." - Bran

"She was. But that's a sadder story." - Meera

I cannot read that section without feeling like I am watching a train that is about to crash.

So many quotes have been indelibly burned into my mind but the one that comes back to me, again and again is Euron Greyjoy's speech to the Damphair about godliness (or lack thereof).

AFfC (US Hardcover: pgs. 261-262)

"We shall have no king but from a kingsmoot." The Damphair stood. "No godless man-"

"-may sit the Seastone Chair, aye." Euron glanced about the tent. "As it happens I have oft sat upon the Seastone Chair of late. It raises no objections." His smiling eye was glittering. "Who knows more of gods that I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all. I have seen their peoples garland them with flowers, and shed the blood of goats and bulls and children in their names. And I have heard the prayers, in a half a hundred tongues. Cure my withered leg, make the maiden love me, grant me a healthy son. Save me, succor me, make me wealthy... protect me! Protect me from mine enemies, protect me from the darkness, protect me from the crabs inside my belly, from the horselords, from the slavers, from the sellswords at my door. Protect me from the Silence." He laughed. "Godless? Why, Aeron, I am the godliest man ever to raise sail! You serve one god, Damphair, but I have served ten thousand. From Ib to Asshai, when men see my sails, they pray."

:pirate:

Archived