"Book Club" Podcast

Phat Walda

We're about to hit 400 downloads! WOOT!

If any of you here are listening and enjoy what we're doing, please do us a favor and give us a rating on iTunes! We have yet to get a SINGLE one, and no comments on the blog either, we have no idea if we're doing it right. HELP!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/unspoiled!/id497214205

i just commented on the blog ;)

you´re doing it great BTW, its cool to hear how others experience the book.

ps. you keep saying "see ya next WEEK" at the end of every episode lol.

Agh I know, I was listening to one this week and I heard him say it too! Have I said it in my outros? We've been keeping a closer eye on that with this week's recordings! (Tried to record last night but he was too drunk, he could not keep ANYTHING straight.)

No weekends! Five days a week is enough of a challenge as it is! ;)

Today is Jon Snow when Catelyn tells him "it should have been you" and I want to knee her in the face.

Also, we're going to be posting some polls starting tomorrow since my husband thinks that once the episodes start getting longer (over 30 minutes) we should split them in half. I think that's crazysauce, but he thinks people won't listen if it's too long, so we decided to post some polls and see what people think.

This is so awesome and hilarious. Great recaps and lots of fun! I'm listening to them.

Yay, thanks! It's been really fun to do. We're coming up to when Ned has to... well, you know. :'( I'm really wondering how Brendan will react since animals are a real soft spot with him...

he notices everything, Can't belive he already is thinking roberts kids might not be his.

Yeah that's the problem with both of us, we spot things a mile off (I also thought it was kind of funny when first reading and GRRM made the big "reveal", because...duh), but that almost makes it better; he's not easy to fool, so when he DOES get surprised (coughnedstarkcough) it will be so much more satisfying.

Podcast! Awesome!

I'm a podcaster myself and I am slightly addicted to podcasts. Will add yours instantly, BUT probably not listen until I actually come around to reading the first book. I am one of those unworthy despicable impatient creatures who saw the TV series and just couldn't wait before staring the second book. Aye on the part where Ned gets out his dagger. That was sad, so sad it still gives me nightmares and I have to hug, squeeze and smother my poor dogs in kisses in the middle of the night. I have a siberian husky who looks just like... *sobs* That's about the darkest part in the whole story so far. Worse than the late book shocker.

And don't worry about the lack of comments/revisions. I get 1400 downloads, 40+ subscribers and not one single comment or review. People are lazy, but it's not your fault. Keep up the good work!

Podcast! Awesome!

I'm a podcaster myself and I am slightly addicted to podcasts. Will add yours instantly, BUT probably not listen until I actually come around to reading the first book. I am one of those unworthy despicable impatient creatures who saw the TV series and just couldn't wait before staring the second book. Aye on the part where Ned gets out his dagger. That was sad, so sad it still gives me nightmares and I have to hug, squeeze and smother my poor dogs in kisses in the middle of the night. I have a siberian husky who looks just like... *sobs* That's about the darkest part in the whole story so far. Worse than the late book shocker.

And don't worry about the lack of comments/revisions. I get 1400 downloads, 40+ subscribers and not one single comment or review. People are lazy, but it's not your fault. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the encouraging words. :) How do you see how many subscribers you have? We've been trying to figure it out. We're using Libsyn as a host at the moment. It's been a lot of fun so far!

What's your podcast about?

Hi! ;)

Thanks for the encouraging words. :) How do you see how many subscribers you have? We've been trying to figure it out. We're using Libsyn as a host at the moment. It's been a lot of fun so far!

What's your podcast about?

I use a German podcast hoster (podhost) and they provide a lot of shiny and colourful statistics to marvel at. Turns out I even have a fanbase in different countries, which is a bit puzzling because my podcast is in German language... Uhm well. But that's how I know my subscribers. I also get ratings, so I know my listeners are happy with what they get (all 5 star so far...). But I am still waiting for any kind of actual review, comment or opinion. They just click the rating stars and that's it.

My podcast is about dog behaviour, because I'm a behaviour biologist and work with problem behaviour - or shall I say, I work with people who have problems with dog behaviour. :D

So I guess what I'm trying to say is don't get discouraged if you do't hear anything from your listeners. If they'd really dislike you, they usually don't hesitate to let you know. But if they do like you... numbers go up, but otherwise... silence in the bushes. Crickets. Tumbleweed. Don't worry! ;o)

Greetings,

Steph

Congratulations. I was hooked into your podcast the moment I heard the Jurassic Park comparison and the quote of "clever girl..." And then I believe I heard a Cider House Rules quote and a Cibo Matto reference? You guys slay me! Can't wait until you get to the major events of Book 1.

I am very pleased that my blog "Who the hell are we" description of Brendan's use of references was confirmed so quickly. I don't remember the Cibo Matto reference!

Archived