Status Report

Selmy's Suspicions

i just recalled that there is still a column of about 40 giants with around 100 mammoths making for eastwatch (unless i've misremembered) that will eventually find out john is "dead".... will they even be allowed through now? Plus...cotter pyke is fighting dead things at hardhome.. jeez there's alot going on north of the wall :stunned:

Cotter Pike is stranded at Hardhome, surrounded by wildlings and wights. Situation doubtful.

Pate/The Alchemist/Jaqen stars as Sam's mismatched roomate in the hit college/buddy comedy, "Maester's House".

Gilly was last seen in Oldtown, and is expected to join the Tarly household with Mance Rayder's son.

Ser Bronn is now the Lord Stokeworth.

Lancel Lannister remains in Darry and has joined the Warrior's Sons.

Raff the Sweetling and Ilyn Payne were last seen in the Riverlands with Jaime Lannister; Meryn Trant remains in King's Landing with Queen Cersei. Dunsen's whereabouts are unknown.

Lancel Lannister remains in Darry and has joined the Warrior's Sons.

Raff the Sweetling and Ilyn Payne were last seen in the Riverlands with Jaime Lannister; Meryn Trant remains in King's Landing with Queen Cersei. Dunsen's whereabouts are unknown.

Lancel is in KL now and Raff and Dunsen most likely are as well. If so, there's a very good chance that Raff and Dunsen are on their way to Braavos with Ser Harys.

Nice one. Does that leave Hal Mollen as the lone non-Stark survivor of the Winterfell household? That is, if he still survives. I suppose Osha and Hodor could be considered in that category, too. The rest would have perished at King's Landing, the Red Wedding, or at the hands of Theon or Ramsay at Winterfell. Right?

There was a survivor who joined BwB and met Arya. Can't remember his name now.

Benjen Stark may or may not be dead, may or may not be coldhand.

Ser Alliser Thorne may or may not be dead.

i believe the northman with the bwb is named hullen, he was the son of Winterfell's master of horse, harwin, or maybe i have it backwards. personally i was suprised he didnt take better care of arya... but here's a question, is he still with the bwb/ stoneheart? did stoneheart recognize him? and if so, does stoneheart know that arya was alive? any ideas?

i believe the northman with the bwb is named hullen, he was the son of Winterfell's master of horse, harwin, or maybe i have it backwards. personally i was suprised he didnt take better care of arya... but here's a question, is he still with the bwb/ stoneheart? did stoneheart recognize him? and if so, does stoneheart know that arya was alive? any ideas?

Yes, it's the contrary : Hullen, former master of horse, died in King's Landing. It's his son Harwin who's with BwB (the part that remained with Lady Stoneheart).

This forum has been my favorite so far.

This has proven more comprehensive than I could have imagined. I find it fascinating to see the breadth of the story detailed in these lists. It also makes me wonder how so many storylines will possibly find conclusions over the course of two more installments. As I see it, there are three main possibilities. As a disclaimer, I'll start by saying I don't think extending to an eighth book is likely. Not only has seven been the goal of record, but the number seven plays such a big role in the world of ASOIAF that eight books would just seem foolish. Therefore:

1. Bloodletting. Most, if not all, secondary and tertiary storylines end in sudden death. Kill 'em all, and let the major players be the focus of the finale.

2. Realism. Lots of loose ends stay loose with no satisfying resolution. Leave plenty for speculation and spin-offs. Words are wind, after all.

3. Convergence. This would be the Dickens approach. Everyone's character arc finds completion as the storylines all condense in a major pile-up.

My best guess is somewhere around 2.5. Things certainly seem to be converging, especially near Meereen. It would seem if Daenerys won't go West, Westeros will have to go East. However, I just can't see all things getting wrapped up neatly without the pace of the story being significantly accelerated in books 6 and 7. Of course, any man capable of creating such a vast world in such great detail is likely to develop a far more interesting conclusion than my broad, oversimplified conjecture.

so, i've brought this up before in other topics and it's been shot down.....reynald westerling's body was never recovered....i still think he could be alive, even jaime says that without the body there's no way to tell if he's really dead. why is everyone so willing to say that it's impossible for him to survive the fall into the river with the xbow bolt in his side, but completely except that a 7 yr old boy survived a similar fall onto hard ground??? i still think he could pop up at greywater if the current is running in the right direction or the silent isle. so there, i'm bringing it up again....ready..aim...fire... :smoking:

I haven't seen a status report like this anywhere and I love the idea of it!

Davos is somewhere in the north, looking for Rickon.

Almost certain that he is heading to Skagos (cannibal island) to get Osha and Rickon. Not sure why they headed there instead of south like they were supposed to, but i'm glad GRRM has Davos going to find them.

so, i've brought this up before in other topics and it's been shot down.....reynald westerling's body was never recovered....i still think he could be alive, even jaime says that without the body there's no way to tell if he's really dead. why is everyone so willing to say that it's impossible for him to survive the fall into the river with the xbow bolt in his side, but completely except that a 7 yr old boy survived a similar fall onto hard ground??? i still think he could pop up at greywater if the current is running in the right direction or the silent isle. so there, i'm bringing it up again....ready..aim...fire... :smoking:

a shame that it has been shot down, but I don't see any reason why you can't be right. We have seen other characters survive a plethora of more intense brushes with death and come out practically unscathed, and if we have learned anything through five books it is that unless you see the body, you cannot be sure that the person is dead. He could be an interesting character to still be alive,i would be intrigued to see what direction GRRM would take this idea.

p.s. Lord_of_the_Nightfort , don't let it get you down that people have shot down your ideas, it happens to everyone on here, eventually you might hit something right on the mark that nobody else has figured out

Wow this is a big deal, I never made this connection before. Very interesting... I would think if Stoneheart and Harwin ever ended up in the same room, there would be some GREAT dialog exchanged between the 2 of them.

Not only that, but a good majority of the BWB knew they had Arya in their posession, one of them MUST have said something to Stoneheart at some point. Come to think of it, I would find it very hard to believe if Stoneheart does not know Arya is alive.

Wow this is a big deal, I never made this connection before. Very interesting... I would think if Stoneheart and Harwin ever ended up in the same room, there would be some GREAT dialog exchanged between the 2 of them.

Not only that, but a good majority of the BWB knew they had Arya in their posession, one of them MUST have said something to Stoneheart at some point. Come to think of it, I would find it very hard to believe if Stoneheart does not know Arya is alive.

I know, right!! ^_^ I'm wondering if this is something purposefully left out by grrm, or if it's a glaring plot hole. WHY has this not been mentioned in any of the pov's that involve stoneheart. not even a hint.....she has to know...

rheagar's ghost: thanks for the support!! it's going to be a huge deal if he comes back, specially if he ends up in greywater. he'll be the only living survivor of the red wedding that's not in captivity!!!!!

I know, right!! ^_^ I'm wondering if this is something purposefully left out by grrm, or if it's a glaring plot hole. WHY has this not been mentioned in any of the pov's that involve stoneheart. not even a hint.....she has to know...

rheagar's ghost: thanks for the support!! it's going to be a huge deal if he comes back, specially if he ends up in greywater. he'll be the only living survivor of the red wedding that's not in captivity!!!!!

Great posts on this!! Just curious how is UnCat communicating?

haaaaa after my last reread i picked up that little tidbit too.. i guess him and blackfish are in the same boat.. id assume together... and i feel like reynald was not involved with the mothers plot either nd is part of team robb stark...

blackfish, reynald, and captain obvious hallis mullen... are running around the river lands right now

Archived