Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AegonTargaryen

Who will be King at the end of the series? (time capsule)

110 posts in this topic

Danny is just too perfect to be queen. I mean that in a good way. She has had one of the hardest live's in the book starting out with the slaughter of her family, the constant fleeing from the "usurper's knives", the abusive and incestuous brother, being sold into marriage to what (at the time) was a murderous barbarian, and then the trials that have come leading her people as khalesi. Yet she has both remained sweet, strong, and true to all her own convictions and come out on top everytime. You can't say that about anyone else, even Rob who betrays his oath to the Frey's. The dragon's also foreshadow kind of a higher purpose for her, too. They were brought into this world to accomplish something. She has the farthest to go to the Iron Throne making her the most epic story if she accomplishes it.

However, even though romances are blossoming in the book between her and Jorah she has been told she will not have children. Plus, we know Jorah was Robert's man and spy. If she never has a child they'll need to find another targaryen heir so either the possible R+L=J or another Targaryen surfaces to continue the "game".

What if the white walkers kills everyone?(just kidding)

I really dont know who will be the king but i suposse Varys will have a big role in this.I have a feeling about that.

Dany or jon, with tyrion as the hand. Everyone else gets on my nerves

It this point I predict there will be NO king in KL. I reckon Down as far as Blackwater will be buried under snow with Others marching down the Neck and Dany's army in Dorne, and her sitting on a dragon on Dragonstone. End in a epic battle on The Reach.

I know a lot of people would say that it is too obvious but I believe that Jon Snow will be the King at the end of all this.

Queen Shireen.

Before Stannis dies fighting in the North, he get a promise from Jon Snow to win the Iron Throne for his daughter. Jon vs Dany for the final battle. Jon wins. Shireen get the Iron Throne. Jon goes back to Winterfell.

GRRM does say the ending will be "bittersweet"... so I think Dany will win the iron throne (dragons sound like a pretty good weapons against White Walkers to me...) and I also think she'll legitimize Jon Snow as a Stark so he can rule as King in the North.

I'm also pretty sure most of Westeros will be completely ravaged by war and Others... so Dany will rule over ruin. But that's okay I guess, because she'll be able to build a much better world from of the rubble.

I've just begun A Feast for Crows. At this time I am going to go with Jon Snow and Daenerys together.

so all 3 dragon heads are children of Aerys? interesting.

The children of a mad man who butchered innocent people get to ride dragons? Isn't that a bit unfair?

Danny is just too perfect to be queen. I mean that in a good way. She has had one of the hardest live's in the book starting out with the slaughter of her family, the constant fleeing from the "usurper's knives", the abusive and incestuous brother, being sold into marriage to what (at the time) was a murderous barbarian, and then the trials that have come leading her people as khalesi. Yet she has both remained sweet, strong, and true to all her own convictions and come out on top everytime. You can't say that about anyone else, even Rob who betrays his oath to the Frey's. The dragon's also foreshadow kind of a higher purpose for her, too. They were brought into this world to accomplish something. She has the farthest to go to the Iron Throne making her the most epic story if she accomplishes it.

However, even though romances are blossoming in the book between her and Jorah she has been told she will not have children. Plus, we know Jorah was Robert's man and spy. If she never has a child they'll need to find another targaryen heir so either the possible R+L=J or another Targaryen surfaces to continue the "game".

I don't like the way Dany's handled the whole Mereen deal...if she can't handle just Mereen without the place going into chaos, Westeros will eat her alive.

wait why doesn't anyone think Tommen will still be on the throne at the end? He is only what, 9?

I'm pinning all my hopes on Jon Snow. He's who I think it will be, and who I WANT it to be.

I think khaleesi will be Queen, I think it is Martin's idea, but I want king Stannis on Iron Throne.

Hope - mother of fools... /sigh/

Stannis, but not for long.

History is full of people who fought very very hard and long for something, and when they finally get it, they get sick or something and die before properly enjoying it (not that Stannis would "enjoy" being King, mind...)

So Stannis initially, and then when he dies, it's back to war again

<cue 7 more books ... :box: >