Arya a more powerful warg than Bran?

Well, the thing is, it cannot be a good discussion since you base your "theory" on how you feel about characters. A good discussion is based on arguments and not liking somebody is a preference not an argument. So that's why you're getting these responses.

touche

Arya isn't really a powerful warg though, she has no control whatsoever when she wargs, she just passively sees things, i.e. with the cat.

Just because you like Arya more doesn't mean she is better at everything.

Varamyr says the power is strong in Snow yet Jon has never controlled Ghost.

Bran is being taught unlike the rest.

Arya is a step ahead of Jon in that she has figured it out for herself and has moved onto other animals.

On topic Bran is the most powerful of the Stark children.

i like the heated responses, especially the one about me co-writing with GRRM. howd you know?

my point was that arya is a very powerful warg with absolutly no training. bran is powerful due to extensive training. yes he can warg a simple minded human even though its unnatural and sick and evil based on what me and GRRM have wrote, but hes being instructed on how to develop his powers to do just so. hes also been given some trippy blood laced (yes, i know its blood, the whole co-author thing again) drink/shake that helps him warg into the trees. but shes on her own and i feel has a lot more on her plate to distract her, rather than being hellbent on a mission to invoke those powers, and i felt that it makes her possibly more naturally powerful. i was simply bored and posted an idea. sorry to all the hodors out there who get upset at a little noise

Arya is basically on the same level with Jon. She figured out how to warg a cat on her own with no training, while Bran was able to warg a person with no training. He was also fleeing for his life and was close to being discovered by wildlings. Now that he is being properly trained he can do things that very few wargs have ever been capable of doing. Bloodraven waited for Bran and not Arya for a reason. Just because you hate him doesnt make him less of a warg/greenseer.

Ultimately I think it's apples and oranges.

Arya is warg and Bran is a greenseer. BR said that "Only one man thousand can be a warg, and only one in thousand can be a greenseer" (or something like that).

So, they are similar but not the same.

As for other thing, there are some indicator that she might be stronger, or perhaps, more instinctive warg.

Bran have truobles warging ravens (who have been "ridden" before and are not fighting) but Arya effortlessly slips into cat's skin.

And Bran needs instruction before he wargs the raven. He also thinks that his siblings could do it too.

Arya wargs Nym from across the sea and use feral seeing eye cats.

About cats; we know from Varamy that cats are hard to warg so doing that without a teacher is a indicator of a strong warg.

p.s. OP I don't agree with your assessment of Bran's character at all.

Bloodraven told Bran he'd been watching him since before he fell, which means he was probably watching the other Starks too.

Bran was always a watcher, from the tops of buildings before he fell, and he already connected with the crows in the tower. I think Arya will definitely play an important part using her warg powers, but I don't think she has greensight. She also learned to use her warg powers on other animals due to a tamporary physical weakness (blindness). She's one of my favourite characters (Bran too), but she has other strengths that are her main power, so no Bran is a stronger warg than Arya.

Also; I have a deep respect for Bran. Being crippled is very traumatising, and really really hard to accept. He lost almost his entire family, and he has to deal with weird magic all around him. I think he's handling it pretty damn well!

What I like most about Bran is that he's still sweet and gentle, despite everything he's been through. He took care of Rickon, almost like a father, while he's only 8 years old! And when the wolves attacked Tyrion in AGOT he was the first to call off his wolf, while Robb was still being childish at twice his age!

For some reason, this is the first hate post that has actually annoyed me a bit.

Because Bran is too sweet to be hated. He didn't do anything bad! poor thing..

Sure he didn't mean his shadowcat? I can't remember.

I think he said cats in general, and that it was taught to him that you shouldn't warg cats, because you become like them, and then he gave a reference to how it was for him warging the shadowcat.. Something like that..

Does Arya even know she is a warg? She knows her dreams are much more than dreams, but I don't think she understands or knows why.

She knows that it can be used. She thought about how she knew that it was snowing in the riverlands because of Nymeria. She knew that Catelyn was dead because of Nymeria. & thought to use the cats as her eyes. She most likely doesn't know that she's a warg but that she has a power that she can use to suit her interests.

He talks about dogs and later of "cats".

I'm taking it to mean all kind of cats.

And in the end feral street cats and shadow cats are not much (mentally) different. :laugh:

I wish to point out that while in Braavos, 12 cats trail behind Arya as Cat of the Canals. Why 12? I will be trite, she maybe the antithesis of a Christ-like figure, or maybe St. Francis of Assissi, but 12 cats following her reminds me of 12 apostles. I know that is way off. :dunno: :dunce:

I think Martin is being ironic!

It also reminds me of the Pied Piper, so go figure. :blushing:

I agree that Arya is the Warg and a servant of Him of Many Faces. Bran is a Greenseer, which means he can warg too, and he is part of the godhood that exists in the weirwoods.

edited for typing errors

Bran's a greenseer, not just a warg. Overall, he has the most "magical" power of all of the Stark children. He's also the most advanced in using his abilities. The reason he's advanced definitely has something to do with the tutelage he's had. But nowhere in the book does it say that his teaching is the only reason he's better. In fact, if the only reason you give for thinking so is that you like Arya more than Bran, it's pretty clear it's a faulty argument.

I like both of them, and I'm fairly certain Arya's not as strong of a warg as Bran, but I have to say that the fact Arya could warg the cat without leaving her own body, and having not really bonded with it, got me wondering how powerful she could be.

Just think, we'll find out some time in the next 5 to 10 years. :laugh:

She knows that it can be used. She thought about how she knew that it was snowing in the riverlands because of Nymeria. She knew that Catelyn was dead because of Nymeria. & thought to use the cats as her eyes. She most likely doesn't know that she's a warg but that she has a power that she can use to suit her interests.

It would be interesting to see how much she can master those skills and compliment them with being a faceless man. The idea gives me chills.

I feel like the reason Arya might be able to do all of those things without instruction is because she tends to follow her instincts more often and easily then Bran does. Still I believe Bran is more powerful overall, not to say Arya isn't powerful.

Also I love both charachters, and would enjoy if Bran turned out to be the Great Other because that would be BA! Though I would not enjoy Arya killing him.

Archived