Best Chapter of ADWD (spoilers for those who are reading )

Which is best chapter of this book in your opinion ?? Which chapter totally enthralled you ?

To me it was chapter where Drogon makes an appearance in Daznak's pit and Dany flies away with it and the Davos chapter where Wyman Manderly and Robett Glover tell him what he must do to earn their allegance to Stannis comes a close second.

The Davos and Manderly is up there with the best. I also loved the last or second last chapter from Bran. A few Reek chapters would be close aswell. It's been over a year since I read it so I'm not sure.

Unlike most people I really enjoyed Tyrions storyline esp the bits where he learned some of the history of essos and the part with the giant turtle.

Oh! when Jon beheads Janos Slynt. I fucking loved that :-)

The Epilogue was great, 'Winter has come', sorry Kevan, sucks to be you... This time George didn't kill some random character like in his other Prologues and Epilogues, but someone of great importance whose death will have a dramatic impact.

Loved everything, Mace Tyrell being a complete shortsighted fool, Randyll being all narrowminded, both of them talking trash about the Nightwatch and showing how disconnected KL is from the real problem, and Varys' final Doctor No speech. TWOW will be a complete mess.

Honorable mentions :

A ghost in Winterfell

the Davos-Manderly chapter

Bran and Bloodraven

The dornish chapter -more chaos to come.

Connington's chapters

Whilst I enjoyed the Davos, Jon/Stannis chapters the most in ADWD I would like to mention one of Tyrion's chapters simply because that on the whole I am not a fan of Essos (or Tyrion!) save for the some odd parts. The one chapter with Tyrion* signing up to join the Second Sons I liked, mostly because we get to learn more of how the sellsword companies operate and their history etc. Its sort of ironic that the characters that I like the most in Essos are Westeroi exiles or descendents..

*ADWD paperback p. 860

I, too, love the Daznak's pit scene. Been waiting for the dragons to grow and I'm glad to know one of them can be finally ridden. This is not good news for Quentyn though, but I did like his chapter attempting to steal two dragons.

Another one is Jon's chapter where the Wildlings were allowed into the Wall. Also, Cersei's Walk of Shame.

Theon/Reek's chapters are awesome - I loved one of the first ones, when he takes Moat Cailin for Ramsay. The description of the poor ironborn left to man the structure is so desolate, so putrid, so hopeless.... GRRM managed to make me feel sorry for a bunch of ironmen, that was pretty unexpected and cool.

No Walk of shame is in Dance with Dragons....one of Cersei chapters in the book

Even now I feel like it should be in AFFC though I believe you saying it's in Dance. I can only remember a couple of Cersei chapters being in Dance. I think it's because Feast had so much Cersei in it.

Hmm it's actually been so long since I've read Dance that a reread is due. It's weird thinking how long since the release. Two more years til Winter? :-)

I know that AFFC and ADWD gets a lot of criticism, but having just re-read AFFC and presently a little more than halfway through ADWD, I think they're both solid the whole way through, and spectacular in some.

My favorite chapter is Wyman Manderly's reveal, but there are many, many other great chapters.

I have more than one. But the best chapters for me belong to Theon/Reek, they were all wonderfully written, imo. Aside from those, the Daznak's pit, Dany's last POV, Jon's last POV, Kevan's death, Cersei's WoS, and Quentyn taming the dragons are some of my favorite ones. I know there are chapters that are just too boooring and it seems like the characters stopped being awesome. But I did enjoy the book especially on my rereading coz I was done with the idea that this thing or that should have happened.

Archived