Knock-off of Valyrian Steel's Longclaw, the Sword of Jon Snow

It was bound to happen with the popularity of the novels and HBO series.

A pirated, Chinese-made knock off of Valyrian Steel's GRRM-licensed Longclaw, the Sword of Jon Snow (this one has a HBO-inspired Direwolf sigil wall plaque):

http://www.ebay.com/...=item2580bf5c7c

There are currently two of these pirated copies up for auction at eBay, the first auction is sitting at a little more than $152.00 with two+ left days to go (as of the date of this post). The other (direct link above) ends in roughly 9 days (August 4th).

• 4 weeks later...

So sad to see they're pirating these now. :( Like you said, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Things like this ruins buying on eBay etc, it's the same with guitars. clothing, everything these days. Best to buy directly from Valyrian Steel or at least a genuine VS dealer, reputable source like Battle Orders, that's where I got mine. Thanks for posting this, people need to know about these.

Unfortunately VS is creating the market for the knockoffs by not supplying enough of their bad-ass products to meet the demand. Though I suspect when they first issued their limited edition Ice and Longclaw swords, for example, it was before the HBO series. Or at least before the show really took off. So now all these new fans are discovering the VS website, seeing how cool these swords look, only to find that they are already sold out. So, if it's a choice between a $200.00 knockoff or paying $2k to a re- seller, it's not much of a choice.

I purchased Robert's Warhammer from VS, and am very pleased with it. But I also really liked their book version of Ice, which is sold out. I found a knockoff on eBay for I believe $150.00. (it was listed as "winter is coming sword" and the write up specifically stated it was not Ice, Sword of Eddard Stark, which is licensed to Valyrian Steel.com. Or very similar disclaiming language. Pretty funny.). Anyway, I'm sure it's not the same quality as the VS blade, but it looks identical to the pictures I've seen, and since the only other option was not having one at all, I'm glad I have the knockoff. I'm sure I could buy a Longclaw knockoff too, but since VS is making a show version which may look even cooler, I'll gladly wait and give my business to VS.

Archived