Walder Frey funny

The_Kingslayer

Walder Frey's almost instant transition from "lol standard pervy old man with hilarious one liners" to "FUCKING ASSHOLE! I WANT HIM AND HIS ENTIRE FAMILY EXTERMINATED!" in the eyes of the fan base is a glorious transition to observe.

I mean, think about it: he's such a masterful troll/heel that people consider GENOCIDE the fitting punishment for his crimes. That's when you know the villain is doing his job. :)

Now, lets all watch this and think about how it's funny that the actors who play the villains tend to be the nicest people out of character

He will suffer or there will be an uproar I think haha

Oh, for SURE!! :agree: If GRRM doesn't come up with an extravagantly horrible fate for Lord Walder he's going to need a bodyguard when he goes to those comic conventions. The fans will literally be up in arms.

Walder Frey's almost instant transition from "lol standard pervy old man with hilarious one liners" to "FUCKING ASSHOLE! I WANT HIM AND HIS ENTIRE FAMILY EXTERMINATED!" in the eyes of the fan base is a glorious transition to observe.

I mean, think about it: he's such a masterful troll/heel that people consider GENOCIDE the fitting punishment for his crimes. That's when you know the villain is doing his job. :)

Now, lets all watch this and think about how it's funny that the actors who play the villains tend to be the nicest people out of character

I kind of disagree on the 'transition' thing. He was a reprehensible, unreliable oathbreaker even before the RW. I loathed him the first time he blocked Robb's army from crossing his bridge.

"That's when you know the villain is doing his job."

ABsoLUTEly!

I like fiction for the characters, and the most important characters are the villains. They often drive the plot in ways that the protagonist couldn't possibly do. And a hero is only heroic in proportion to how evil the villain he defeats is.

Ser Daisy! :lmao: One of the great lines of the first book. I loved Walder from the first scene he was in. I have actually no idea why he gets so much hate. Tywin authorized the massacre, Lothar planned it out, Roose killed Robb. All Walder did was host it and want it to happen! The three that I mentioned before are just as responsible as him, in the case of Tywin, who is loved by a significant minority on the boards, or more responsible in the case of the other two. I hardly ever see any hate for Lothar, and everybody (me included) loves Roose. Why hate Walder? Is it because he reminds them of Rupert Murdoch? I really have no idea.

Archived