Are you a evil smoker

fuem

The physiological addiction of tobacco products might be defeated within two weeks, but damn I could swear, my stiffest test was in the three to four week period. I'd wake up believing I'd fucked up the night before, broken down and had a cigarette, only to figure out that I'd just been dreaming about smoking ... a lot. Good luck man!

The thing about those dreams is it shows your subconscious is aware of the fact that you've quit and want to stay quit. Which is a nontrivial triumph in itself. I've never had that kind of dream (for cigarettes anyway) because I've never been so committed to quitting, or had enough time without a cigarette, for it to really 'sink in' to that level in the first place.

As predicted, I broke down and bought a pack of cigarettes after drinking a few beers on Saturday. What happened next is funny- on my walk back to the party, I was stopped by a couple around my age who asked me "is that a real cigarette?". And then proceeded to lecture me on the benefits of the blue-cigarette, how it's inexpensive, has helped them quit, and that I should try it too (they also insisted I take a few puffs of theirs). I'm taking this as some sort of sign and I will be making the purchase shortly. If I can get through the drinking nights without smoking "for real", I think I can actually quit for good.

The physiological addiction of tobacco products might be defeated within two weeks, but damn I could swear, my stiffest test was in the three to four week period. I'd wake up believing I'd fucked up the night before, broken down and had a cigarette, only to figure out that I'd just been dreaming about smoking ... a lot. Good luck man!

Something weird that happened to me on my little detox experiment is that I woke up with my mouth tasting like cigarette breath! Even 10 days since my last. Maybe my mouth is always that gross in the morning... ? :dunno:

Archived