Varys and the downfall of the Tyrells

JaegrM

I semi recently made a thread about Vary's not only helping Cersei fall into madness, but also supplying her with info about who her true enemies may be.

You can read it here if you so please;

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/102983-could-varys-be-somewhat-assisting-cersei/

The general message was that when Rugen/Varys planted the highgarden coin in the black cells he was giving Cersei evidence that they were complacent in Joff's murder.

While simultaneously sowing discord between Lannister and Tyrell.

I'm thinking that Varys could easily ruin the Lannisters and spare the Tyrells a similar fate.....

HOWEVER, we have this quote from the books

The Tyrells were only stewards that the dragon-kings had upjumped far above their station. Their vanity was exceeded only by their ambition.

If Aegon were in fact a Blackfyre, would it not stand to reason that Varys and other loyalists might not want to make an example of the Tyrells?

"This is what happens when you support the wrong dragon?" Type of thinking?

The idea is still growing in my mind.

But I believe that Varys is still helping/SLIGHTLY loyal to the IT, Tyrion, and who knows who else.

Not near as loyal as he is to Aegon (real or fake as he is)

Well some people have theorized that with the Lannister/Tyrell coalition crumbling, they might try to marry Margaery to fAegon-which would put them on the right side of the ledger as far as Varys is concerned.

However, I still think Arianne/Aegon is most likely, and there's been a lot of foreshadowing that the Tyrell's could be hurt by the Lannister alliance. Remember the very shrewd Olenna recalled telling Mace (her oaf son) that "it's far more dangerous to ride a lion than it is a palfrey-and very difficult to get off," so while I don't think Varys bears the Tyrell's any personal animosity, he will be working against them, as long as they're in any way tied to the Lannister/Baratheon dynasty.

Yet another reason, why for the Tyrell's sake I hope they cut ties soon.

Another factor may be that we know the GC has said they have ''friends in the Reach," -and some of those 'friends' may be looking to overthrow the Tyrell's as the Lord Paramount family...we know there's a long standing feud between the Tyrell's and the Florents for example...

I don't agree that Varys and the others would not put an end to house Tyrell if they had the chance. Its possible they could be forgiven, but really many storied houses with long histories seem to come and go at different lengths and times and others have been seen to take their place.

I semi recently made a thread about Vary's not only helping Cersei fall into madness, but also supplying her with info about who her true enemies may be.

You can read it here if you so please;

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/102983-could-varys-be-somewhat-assisting-cersei/

The general message was that when Rugen/Varys planted the highgarden coin in the black cells he was giving Cersei evidence that they were complacent in Joff's murder.

While simultaneously sowing discord between Lannister and Tyrell.

I'm thinking that Varys could easily ruin the Lannisters and spare the Tyrells a similar fate.....

HOWEVER, we have this quote from the books

If Aegon were in fact a Blackfyre, would it not stand to reason that Varys and other loyalists might not want to make an example of the Tyrells?

"This is what happens when you support the wrong dragon?" Type of thinking?

The idea is still growing in my mind.

But I believe that Varys is still helping/SLIGHTLY loyal to the IT, Tyrion, and who knows who else.

Not near as loyal as he is to Aegon (real or fake as he is)

Is it just me who thinks the Blackfyre arent anti-targ? In fack the whole wars was about who is the most legitimate targ doesnt it? Daemon Blackfyre's parents were both Targ(his father was the king) while Daeron II was rumored to be an hidden bastard from an other Targ male (not the precedent king's son).

Is it just me who thinks the Blackfyre arent anti-targ? In fack the whole wars was about who is the most legitimate targ doesnt it? Daemon Blackfyre's parents were both Targ(his father was the king) while Daeron II was rumored to be an hidden bastard from an other Targ male (not the precedent king's son).

I don't think they started Anti-Targ, and I'm sure not all of them are.....

However after generations of playing the Game of Thrones on opposing sides, bitterness and hate are unavoidable.

Archived