Favorite major event in the second half of ASoS?

lightbringer2525

I'm sure this has been a topic before, but since the show starts next week I wanted to post this. Mine is probably Tyrions final chapter. I've reread that chapter countless times. I had a feeling he would survive somehow, but never once thought it would happen like that. So many other completely mind blowing moments too though.

I would have to agree with you. One of Tyrion's pimp-est moments. :devil: They deserved it.

I'd rank my top 5 in second half of ASOS like this:

1. Tyrion's rampage and escape

2. The Purple Wedding and Sansa's escape

3. The Viper vs The Mountain

4. Jon becoming lord commander and the battle at the wall (probably would be higher, but I just knew these were coming early on.)

5. Only Cat... fly bitch

*Honorable mention = epilogue

Probably the red viper vs the mountain fight. It was the only thing I was truly unspoiled for, I had already accidentally read about most of the other events in various places, including tyrion killing tywin but I wasn't sure if I believed it and I didn't know how, so I really thought the red viper could win. That whole fight was intense, I remember I was trying to eat supper and read at that point but I just stopped eating for a bit and read that whole part over twice to fully absorb what happened.

Littlefinger killing Lysa and being in on Jon arryns death. I didn't know about that part either, it surprised me big time.

Basically it was all great, but I knew about most of it in one way or another, so it wasn't as surprising as it could have been.

@stormborn yeah, it was such an awesome moment. Built up by pages of him just getting beaten down. Such a strong chapter! Man, the "only cat" chapter blew my mind too though. That was the point where I kept asking myself how GRRM could keep pulling the carpet out from under me.

Same here! Littlefinger's reveals and actions in the second half of that book are unreal.

Archived