Ned not the father of Jon Snow confirmed long ago.

Mokymok

Ned never said that Jon was his son, I recall reading some lines that made it quite clear...

"Never ask me about Jon...He is my blood and that is all you need to know."

- Ned Stark to Catelyn Tully

("He is my blood" not "He is my son")

"Whoever Jon's mother had been, Ned must have loved her fiercely, for nothing Catelyn said would persuade him to send the boy away. It was the one thing she could never forgive him. She had come to love her husband with all her heart, but she had never found it in her to love Jon. She might have overlooked a dozen bastards for Ned's sake, so long as they were out of sight. Jon was never out of sight, and as he grew, he looked more like Ned than any of the trueborn sons she bore him. Somehow that made it worse."

- Catelyn Tully

(Ned and Catelyn loved each other even though they were not to marry from the start plus it was arranged. Whoever Jon's mother had been, Ned must have loved her fiercely, for nothing Catelyn said would persuade him to send the boy away. I don't he could have loved a woman who could gave him a son more than he did to Catelyn, in any case a woman he would love fiercely we have Lyanna, his sister whom Ned would throw his honour to keep his promise to her.)

I do think that Ned kept always his honour till the very end and that's what got him killed. I don't think he ever had an affair with anyone in the middle of a war where he didn't know if his sister was alive or not, would he be so cold hearted that would bed some wetnurse or servant without love her fiercely ? Ned took the baby away with him, If he loved the mother he would have never taken him away from her unless she was dead or dying.

Absence of an affirmation doesn't translate to negation. You can't prove something through ambiguity - you can only suggest.

("He is my blood" not "He is my nephew")

Did I just prove Jon isn't Ned's nephew?

Archived