Christopher Lee as the Kindly Man

MadaxTheMagnificent

-The kindly mans face is rarely shown so a powerful screen presence and voice is need, christopher lee all the way.

-he speaks 6 languages including the 3 romantic ones, I am sure he could nail however the directors want the bravosi accent to sound.

-When christopher lee is not being a menacing as hell as a badass villian he has a very kindly face

-He is excellent at playing authority figures

If not as the kindly man I would at least like to see Christopher Lee in some role for GoT, it would be a travesty not to include him in some way.

Alan Rickman would also be a good choice for his ability to portray kindness and at turns a menacing authority. He's such a big name though, I think if Benioff/Weiss were able to land him, they'd want to give him a role with more screen-time.

I do like Christopher Lee; his connection to the Hammer and Star Wars films reminded me of Peter Cushing, and I think he would've been great for the role too (if he was still around).

Chris Lee is fantastic actor (a Tolkien fan), a sublime voice. He was the best Death (Discworld, which in itself reminds of of House of Cards star Ian Richardson, another perfect candidate for Kindly Man)

At 92...could he handle it?

I don't know where Braavos will be filmed, but regrettably, I strongly doubt that Sir Christopher would have the energy to do it. He films everything he does in England now because he no longer has the strength to travel. And sadly, I don't think HBO has that kind of budget to film him in England along with everything else they have to shoot for this show...

Chris Lee is fantastic actor (a Tolkien fan), a sublime voice. He was the best Death (Discworld, which in itself reminds of of House of Cards star Ian Richardson, another perfect candidate for Kindly Man)

At 92...could he handle it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Lee_filmography

He shows no signs of slowing down as far as roles go, so I think if he was motivated he could certainly do it. Keep in mind in his youth he was in the british special operations executive who pioneered plastic explosive espionage and were the inspiration for james bond, this is when he wasn't with air divisons or fighting off the russian invasion of Finland (or being a trained sword fighter)

Tom Noonan also looks good, I'd just really like Christopher Lee to get a good sized role for what he's done for the fantasy genre in general, without LOTR and him a medieval fantasy TV show might not have taken off, this is the only place I see him fitting in, personally I think he would have kiled Qyburn as he can also seem conniving and sinnister/mad like he was as sauron.

Archived