What if all the the prophecies, visions and fever dreams are planted?

hmm this seems very Wheel of Time (dream walkers) even Dune (prophecy planting) esque...

The influence is from Homer. Look at the Iliad, the oldest work of fantasy. Modern authors get inspired by the old masters.

Mance has a helm with raven wings. He is obsessed with finding the Horn of Joramun, perhaps he has been even dreaming about it.

In the end it might turn out it's a huge Cyvasse played by the gods.

If everything was planned by gods, I would consider the entire series as a huge disappointment.

Although Bloodraven could be playing god to a certain extent, maybe. I believe Maggy the frog's prophecies as real, not some game or bluff. House the undying could be result of some internal mechanisms or conspiracies we are not aware of. If Bloodraven is playing Varys on a larger scale, then he must be the great other or something opposite of that.

The stone beast taking wings was part of slayer of lies, wasn't it? Or am I confusing it with shadow dragon?

Forgiveness for my English.

I'm curious, who is sending so bad dreams about dragons for kids in Westeros? Shireen and Teora Toland with these dreams seem to be going hostile with dragons when they arrive in Westeros. Melisandre despite being an idiot says that dreams belong to the great Other. I believe that dreams are the old gods, but maybe in this case others want the young nobles of Westeros wish harm to dragons?

Really, no one on this site knows what the stone beast is? On my fourth read through I took it as Jon Connington, but that could just me being crazy.

Connington or Shireen (Val seemed to think she was dangerous...)

OR

Alleras the Sphinx (Sphinxes are stone beasts)

Archived