[Book/Show/Spoilers All] I Have Never Been More Happy With The Show In Regards To...

Blazfemur

Their decision to include more Hound time. The choice to have Brienne fight The Hound was EPIC. That battle was intense!

Not only did it add a magnitude of swordplay, it ended the hound's story arc exactly as it should have. and they didnt technically kill him off, which further opens up the possibility of the gravedigger theory.

They also began a good redemptive arc for him, in regards to what he said to Brienne as far as Arya's history and how he's handling it. It shows he's really starting to turn around. Besides, if "The Hound is dead" line from Elder Brother is accurate, they further stressed this symbolism in the fact that we actually havent seen Sandor Clegane wear the actual helmet since what, the red wedding? I dont think he even owned it, all season (further distancing himself from that persona).

Briennes injuries from the fight, ill assume, begin to overtake her, and thats when Thoros finds her in prep for the introduction of The Lady.

Brienne also meets Arya, which would make her a witness to the legitimacy to fake Arya (Jeyne) later on if that scenario comes to pass (thank you to the user that pointed that out).

Well done Rory McCann, excellent role, and excellent way to play the role. I look forward to seeing you again in season 6 or 7.

In regards to The Lady not being included. Thats fine. If the scene of her dying from the red wedding was included ont he "previously on" montage, it would be a dead giveaway. If that is saved for the season premiere, it's more of a "in the series so far, this happened" kind of thing, which would bring watchers current, and it wouldnt appear to give anything away up front.

Well done in this area, D&D. My compliments.

That being said, what the hell were you thinking with Bloodraven?? Lol, sorry, it had to be said.

Archived