my theory on the reveal and jons army

greggs92

I have a theory on how it could happen. I wil use evidence from the books as well as what u believe to be character traits of certain characters and what they cpuld have done or will do in the future. I made some leaps but I try to not go to far out, please read and let me know

First: evidence from the books/strong circumstances. If there is anything is in the crypts, in D+E stories an important point is Meakers ring that egg keeps in his boot. Now I have 0 clue what is in the crypts if anything but those threads are a good read and I think rheagar did leave something with lyanna at the toj.

Howland reed will give testimony about what happened and im sure the north, maybe some in the vale and possibly the tullys will believe him but the south won't accept a crannogmans word.

Another possible piece of evidence is ned starks honor, even olenna tyrell mentions to sansa what an honorable man the ned was and how shocked people were when he fathed a bastard. Also with all these people and "evidence" the lords could begin to question neds story about the toj and why the kingsguard were there. All this circumstantial evidence could persuade the right lords to the truth.

Now we go a little further out there: we know from tpatq that the lc of the kg can crown a king. I think perhaps hightower did just that and the 3kg wrote a document and gerald sent it to the hightowers in oldtown for safe keeping. I get there is 0 textual evidence for this but This could explain why the hightowers stayed out of the war because of loyalty to gerald and the targs they are saving their men for the rightful king (jon snow). If the hightowers declared that jon was the rightful king,

I also believe there is some foreshadowing with jaime, his reading about cristian cole in the white book, and I his dream by the weirwood stunp with dead rheagar and dayne ect. Its also possible for br or bran to visit him in his dreams and show him the truth. It would be fitting if it was bran and could convince jaime to do the right thing out of guilt for what he to bran, if jaime were to renounce tommen and cersi and declare for jon. Jaime has no honor but if he were to say something people would have to listen especially if other people are saying the same thing. If he did do something like this I also believ aerys wildfire plot will come out and jaime will be lookdd upon differently.

I think most of the lords would follow. Remember this is westeros where all that is needed is circumstancial evidence and people are taken by their word. A respectable lords sworn statement infront of the gods is usually enough. Also if jon does lead the realm against the others then all the beter his chances. So basicay my theory is a combination of all the above will convince enough lords.

So basically jon has 2 lords, reed and hightower, a lannister who knew rheagar and is tommens dad plus all the possible evidence and questions from the books. Please let me know if im crazy or if you guys think this is possible

Now ill tackle what I think will make up jons army.

Obviously he has the loyalty of the wildlings and the northern armies based in robbs will and the fact that he gpt them to support stannis. Now stannis is a wildcard but mel has an intersest in jon and stannis is a just man who wants to do the right thing and save the realm. I think stannis could bend the knee to jon if it is without a doubt true that he is the king. Mel will play a part and as stannis tells davos he dpesnt want power he takes it because it is his duty. It is possible that they could reach an agreement because they respect each other and I think of jon made stannis hand and royal admiral and lord of stormlands then it could work. Mel is the wildcard and is needed fpr this to work

Second part of his army is the vale, sansa used tp think of jon only as her bastard half brother but lately in one of her chapters she calls him her brother and thinks about him. She can be in a position of power in the vale and with the ties the vale lords have with ned stark its not to far fetched to think that they could follow jon esp if he is revealed to be king.

The tullys and brotherhood, what other option do they have? Also robbs will

Now we get a little cracked. As I mentioned earlier I think it's possible that the hightowers know something thus why they stayed out of the war, if they declared for jon im sure some of the other lesser lords would follow.

If jaime declares for jon all hell wl break loose in the capital and westerlands, the only house I could see helping jaime is the marbrands specifically addam, they were friends from childhood and he seems like a decent human who could follow jaime.

I also think the daynes know something about the toj and ned dayne could of been named for ned stark, I think something happened when ned took dawn back to starfell I dunno what it could be but I think they are like the hightowers and are too close to the events at the toj and too powerful a family to sit the sidelines forever.

Yeah I know I made some leaps and didnt use much texual evidence but I think its some what a logical argument and not too far out there, please comment and let me lnow so we can discuss thanks

My theory from a while ago -

it'll be the inverse of Eddard "bending the knee" to Robert and saying he has the better claim to the throne and they must do what is in the best interest of the realm.

This time it'll be Stannis "bending the knee" to Jon and saying he has the better claim to the throne and they must do what is in the best interest of the realm.

There are many parallels in the formation of the friendship of Eddard-Robert and Stannis-Jon, and I believe the admiration and friendship between the two is legitimate. With this I believe the Tully's under Edmure rally the Riverlands for Jon and Sansa is able to pull the strings of Robert and Littlefinger to rally The Vale. With this, the Armies of the North, The Vale, the Riverlands and Stannis Baratheon march to place Jon "Snow" Stark on The Iron Throne.

Yeah I really found the parallels between the pairs, Also I know I left out dany but im not sure when shell get to westerous and I think jona reveal will happen early in twow, isee a similarly between brans coma and jons possible condition. Either bran or br will goto jon in dreams and send him to the crypts, thats how he will find out and eith stannis and winter fell that part seems possible to me.

Im really interested to hear what people think about the hoghtowers daynes and jaime playing a part in jons future

Yeah I really found the parallels between the pairs, Also I know I left out dany but im not sure when shell get to westerous and I think jona reveal will happen early in twow, isee a similarly between brans coma and jons possible condition. Either bran or br will goto jon in dreams and send him to the crypts, thats how he will find out and eith stannis and winter fell that part seems possible to me.

Im really interested to hear what people think about the hoghtowers daynes and jaime playing a part in jons future

I don't believe Dany and Jon really meet in any considerable fashion until the Others arrive. I could definitely see a scenario in which the armies are about to meet, and then word arrives that the Others have overtaken the wall and Dany and Jon negotiate, someone informs Dany that Jon is a Targaryen, maybe Jon swears fealty or they get married, who knows how but they I feel they march up together to stop the Others, and in the meanwhile Aegon worms his way into King's Landing. With the undoubtedly ridiculously high casualties against the Others I don't know what would happen, but given GRRM is the author I'm sure that one of the two (Dany, Jon) will die in the battle.

Archived