Dunk's relatives in the series

Kenton Stark

People of Dunk's size are rare in the world of Westros. I know there has been a lot of discussion about his decedents being Brienne, Hodor, the Hound and the Mountain. Who do you think is most likely?

Also, Going on size, timeline and location of Flea Bottom as his stomping grounds, is it a leap to say that Blood is Dunk's ancestor?

And given Blood's size and brutality and the fact that Clegane is a fairly recent house is it more likely he is the ancestor of the Hound and Mountain?

Entirely possible but purely speculation at this point. The story even says that their names were lost to history so they were simply blood and cheese.

Yeah so it looks like he didn't start house clegane, his offspring might have, who knows.

Brienne almost certain (The shield, pennytree in GoT,etc)

Hodor, depending on what happens in The she wolves of winterfell, or in asoiaf we will find out eventually.

Could their names have been lost to history on purpose. If they were possibly knighted for what they did, It would be in everyone's best interests to not speculate who they really were. Like Bronn, he won his title with his sword. I find it hard to believe the similarities between Blood and the Mountain are just happen stance.

especially given the story that House Clegane was raised up once for service to their Lord. I think its a hint. Very few other non great houses are given the own story of how they were raised to their title.

Maybe Tyrion's story of the coins on house Payne's sigil are also a clue as to what happened to Cheese. Yep, I'm reaching on that one.

Its Brienne. Her shield is painted after Dunk's.

My theory is that Ser eustace is too old to father a child, without a male heir they would lose the hunting/foresting rights to Wats Wood given to Lord Webber by King Daeron after the redgrass field. Chances are it was all Egg's idea. He gets Dunk to go back and "visit".

Their child(ren)would have the Osgrey name and assumed true born. Free to marry into other noble houses. Maybe they had twins and the girl married into Tarth.

That would explain Brienne's freckles, inherited from her webber genes. The freakish tall thing can skip generations just like the freckles.

And given Blood's size and brutality and the fact that Clegane is a fairly recent house is it more likely he is the ancestor of the Hound and Mountain?

the brutality aspect still doesn't exclude Dunk, he himself admits that he was the worst in his little groups with the rest hardly being saints. Arya's pov in Flea Bottom showed just the sort of person Dunk could have been before he got out

Archived