Cersei and her Valonqar

Lord Defiance

Being any little brother seems silly, I imagine it is at the very least the little brother of somebody mentioned in the prophecy. In order of likelyhood, I'd say:

Jaime

Tommen

Stannis (little brother of the King mentioned in the prophecy)

Tyrion, ranked this low because I don't think GRRM would make it so Cersei was always right about him

Dany (sibling of the Prince mentioned in the prophecy, assumes her translation is misleading)

If the other Queen is Sansa, I guess Bran or Arya could work.

Aegon, I guess. Valonqar could be refering to the "heads of the Dragon", which would explain the random Valyrian .

It's Jaime, and I'm 90% certain on that.

Why? Because of the literary irony. Jaime of course we reasonably suspect, but it's not obvious to Cercei. it's the last one she'd suspect.

Jaime is shown to be using his golden hand as a weapon.

Jaime fears that she is turning to Aerys in AFFC, at such moments as the burning of the Hand's Tower. Aerys was the last king he killed.

At several points, Jaime and Cercei say that "they will leave this world together" because "they entered it together." "She wouldn't leave without me."

Cercei has alienated so many people on the basis that they would fulfill the valonqar prophecy: to have it be the brother she always thought would protect her: it's the perfect conclusion.

My money is on Jaime.
BUT GRRM did say that prophecy were a tricky business and that the more you tried to avoid them the more viciously they come bit your back. And as Cercei grew a huge hatred for Tyrion (because of the prophecy among other things ) leading to him hating her back ... It would make sense that Cercei would be the own to be held responsible for her own fall. That would be so obvious, like too obvious for GRRM. But still ...

It's Jaime, and I'm 90% certain on that.

Why? Because of the literary irony. Jaime of course we reasonably suspect, but it's not obvious to Cercei. it's the last one she'd suspect.

Jaime is shown to be using his golden hand as a weapon.

Jaime fears that she is turning to Aerys in AFFC, at such moments as the burning of the Hand's Tower. Aerys was the last king he killed.

At several points, Jaime and Cercei say that "they will leave this world together" because "they entered it together." "She wouldn't leave without me."

Cercei has alienated so many people on the basis that they would fulfill the valonqar prophecy: to have it be the brother she always thought would protect her: it's the perfect conclusion.

:agree:

Jamie would have no trouble at all using his golden hand as long as it was strapped on tightly! ;)

Archived