What happened to the 13 lord commanders?

It would help if I searched up but the Nights King being seen in the show with around 12 companions waiting for the ritual..of sorts it's weird how these people got up to their ranks. We can't calculate how many White Walkers are in the army but we could try and speculate wights. It makes me wonder how the Other Sam killed so cheaply and they're must be many roaming the woods. 13 of them out of many must be special. They're clever species and with sorts of strategic minds and could they have been Lord commanders once dishonoured and joined the ranks of the Others? You could say that they would just be turned into wights but these people are much more clever then wildlings or a peasant using a sword. Even if the answer is already known it's cool to speculate.

Wasn't the last hero's party 13 persons too?

Anyway, the show is the show, and has nothing to do with the books. There might not be a Night's King at all in the books, and the show Night's King might not have the same back story as the books Night's King.

Wasn't the last hero's party 13 persons too?

Anyway, the show is the show, and has nothing to do with the books. There might not be a Night's King at all in the books, and the show Night's King might not have the same back story as the books Night's King.

I don't agree. That scene wasn't for nothing. D&D know what's going happen and they know it's going be important.

I believe the Last Hero had nine companions.

Martin has stated directly that we should not be making inferences about the books based on things that happen in the show, stating "the show is the show and the books are the books." Some things will be the same, some things will be different.

I personally like the idea that the show will end in a completely different way from the books due to one minor character's death, or one small change. The recent fate of Little Grandfather, for instance. The butterfly effect and such.

I heard an interesting theory on this. Remember that GoT episode in Season 4 where you see those 13 Others (or White Walkers as they're referred to on the show) who look different to all the other ones we've seen before on the show, well, on HBO go, their leader was referred to as the Nights King, who was the 13th Lord Commander of the NW. So if the leader is the Nights King, then the other 12 White Walkers could be the 12 Lord Commander's who came before the Nights King. HBO quickly deleted the Nights King reference which lead many to believe it was a huge accidental spoiler.

Archived