Tyrion Will Betray Dany

Queen.Sansa.Lannister

Now that you mention it, "betrayal" might be too powerful a word to use for any of the three so-called betrayals that have passed/will pass. Did MMD really betray Dany? Was she really ever loyal to Dany in the first place? Jorah's betrayal, which isn't one of the three, is an actual betrayal because of his sincere loyalty and feelings to Dany. Same with BBP, though he is not one of the three either. There was actual affection there.

I agree that Tyrion wouldn't give two figs for Dany and her cause if he didn't think she could get him the Rock. And while I do think Dany and Tyrion will have a careful "friendship" anything he does against her isn't so much against her but for his family.

Well, and I say this lest someone tries to bite my head off, there is also the possibility that the treasons aren't ones committed against Dany, but ones she commits herself. It's a minority opinion but still large enough to be worth considering. Which I think would actually be a very GRRM-esque way to play it: Have everyone go down the list of anyone who has ever done something bad to Dany, looking for the "treasons" (and how are we supposed to know which instances are the "treasons," anyway?) when in fact it's something she does, not something that's done to her.

Well, and I say this lest someone tries to bite my head off, there is also the possibility that the treasons aren't ones committed against Dany, but ones she commits herself. It's a minority opinion but still large enough to be worth considering. Which I think would actually be a very GRRM-esque way to play it: Have everyone go down the list of anyone who has ever done something bad to Dany, looking for the "treasons" (and how are we supposed to know which instances are the "treasons," anyway?) when in fact it's something she does, not something that's done to her.

I get what you're saying. The prophecy is worded strange: "three treasons you will know" does not mean "three treasons directed at you." I once argued that if Jorah was one of the three, then it was the treason of love but it was against Robert and the IT for the love of Dany. So yeah, the language GRRM used there doesn't actually specify that it must be done something TO her.

I sorta disagree with your conclusion, though I don't discount it, but I won't bite your head off ;)

Archived