Dornishmen on the wall.

Mr. James

And the reason why is because since when do the Ironborn care about the Wildlings invading the North? The Ironborn are more similar to Wildlings than they are to Westerosi lol.

The Ironborn and the Northmen are pretty much the two places where First Men culture has survived the best. Of course they'd value the Night's Watch.

One of the best Lord Commanders was a Hoare from Orkmont. The Watch was at its zenith back then, and when Harren and House Hoare was destroyed by Aegon the Conqueror LC Hoare kept his watch.

The Ironborn and the Northmen are pretty much the two places where First Men culture has survived the best. Of course they'd value the Night's Watch.

One of the best Lord Commanders was a Hoare from Orkmont. The Watch was at its zenith back then, and when Harren and House Hoare was destroyed by Aegon the Conqueror LC Hoare kept his watch.

That's true about the First Men but I honestly don't see how that means they would honor the Night's Watch? They're raiders just like the wildlings. And back in the days of Harren, being invaded by Wildlings had a bigger impact on the IronBorn then than it does now because they actually still owned land on the inlands.

And anyways, it's not even about the few honorable & famed Ironborn members who've served the Watch, my point is moreso about the Ironborn Nobles who sent them there. It's just hard to picture in my mind. They have no large love for the Inlands and have probably raided the North just as much times as Wildlings have.

And anyways, it's not even about the few honorable & famed Ironborn members who've served the Watch, my point is moreso about the Ironborn Nobles who sent them there. It's just hard to picture in my mind. They have no large love for the Inlands and have probably raided the North just as much times as Wildlings have.

I'd think that some of the Ironborn ending up at the watch might've been captured by someone else while reaving and sent off to the Watch. It's also a convenient way to get rid of someone you might not be able to get rid of otherwise (for example, it seems that kinslaying is taboo even amongst the Ironborn, which is why Victarion won't kill Euron)

Archived