Kindle version images quality ?

Hialmar

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forums. Thanks for having me.

I'll buy the book for sure but currently I hesitate between the real book and the kindle version.

Has anyone got the kindle version. I'm mostly worried about the maps and pictures. On some kindle books I have the maps are almost unreadable even if you zoom them in because the images are of a poor quality.

Thanks for any advice on this.

The quality of all the images are great, and can be zoomed-in on for an even better view. There are some not-uncommon issues w/ formatting, specifically when you're flipping pages. Occasionally, the image will "shrink" in order to fit the text better, but since the images can be zoomed it's not really an "issue."

The Family Trees don't come across quite as well as the artwork, as the font can get a little blurry and tough to read.

My biggest gripe w/ the Kindle version is w/ the "sidebars." Sidebars typically expand on the topic of the main body, but lots of times the sidebar content will sequentially appear before its topic comes up in the main body, so it doesn't flow and doesn't make sense until after you finish reading the segment/chapter.

Hope that helps. FWIW I'd buy both, because the physical book is a beauty but doesn't exactly lend itself for reading, say, during a commute.

If you want a coffee table book, buy the hardcopy. But if you just want to read it (at half the price)the kindle version is great. The artwork is very clear. Personally I'd likely only buy the hardcopy if I could get it signed! Any takers? ;)

I'll sign it for you. May be worth less afterwards but I'll sign it.

Archived