The Battle for Meereen

LordHudson

I wish she'd stop fuckin listening to Quaithe honestly, that has terrible idea written all over it and shows Dany didn't learn jack from MMD and Drogo.

How the hell is Dany supposed to get to Lannisport lol, it's like 4 times the distance of any other viable port in the realm.

I think the real problem is people are tired of Essos, it's just not anywhere near as compelling and relative to most people as what goes on in Westeros. We've seen a good bit of it by now, and many of the places from different points of view, while we still haven't even been to Casterly Rock or Highgarden.

I wish she'd stop fuckin listening to Quaithe honestly, that has terrible idea written all over it and shows Dany didn't learn jack from MMD and Drogo.

How the hell is Dany supposed to get to Lannisport lol, it's like 4 times the distance of any other viable port in the realm.

I think the real problem is people are tired of Essos, it's just not anywhere near as compelling and relative to most people as what goes on in Westeros. We've seen a good bit of it by now, and many of the places from different points of view, while we still haven't even been to Casterly Rock or Highgarden.

Anyways, people are saying the victory of Daenerys's forces is a foregone conclusion, fair enough. Here's the thing though.

Daenerys won't be there. And nearly non of her forces get along.

So the closest thing to a ruler they will have is Victarion, meanwhile Barristan won't like that. Tyrion has to worm his way into everyone good graces, Jorah has to re-enter the good graces of everyone. The bear was explicitly banished. The little lion is of the house of the usurpers main dog.

Then there's the Volantene fleet, three hundred ships, all coming for Meereen. Victarion's fleet is maybe 20% of that. All this with no one getting along and Daenerys starting a Khalassar raid group.

So we could be in for a second battle of Meereen. And the conclusion of that is not nearly so sure a thing. Vicky might have Rhaegal, but he's to small to ride, Viserion will probably be injured, Drogon is going on a field trip with his mommy.

It might be just me but that seems kind of interesting. Moreso than Stannis the Mannis vs Big-Bad-Boogyman-Bolton and all his forces that will abandon him, I dare say. Stannis will put the force going after him under a lake, then the Bolton's will get torn apart by the treacherous northern lords. Call me when he goes south for the Frey's that'll get my bloodlust going.

The more interesting prospect for me is what happens to Stannis after, because again, the northern lords are treacherous.

Archived