East vs West: why is Essos is more advanced than Westeros?

GoT_Academy

I would say the North is more like Russia than Scotland. Large country and all that. Also, bread and salt is a real russian thing (not guest rights exactly, but as a sign of hospitality)

Well like Scotland the North utterly fails to win its independence despite a brave effort.

Well unlike Scotland the North utterly fails to win its independence despite a brave effort.

They later bent the knee though, but that is another story.

Did you misquote me or correct me? I said like* Scotland not unlike* Scotland.

Did you misquote me or correct me? I said like* Scotland not unlike* Scotland.

It was meant as a correction yes. To clarify. Scotland won both it's wars of independence, and was independent until James VI Stuart inherited both the Scottish and English Crown in 1603, thus uniting England and Scotland in a personal union. This Personal Union lasted until the Acts of Union in 1707 that united England and Scotland into the UK.

It was meant as a correction yes. To clarify. Scotland won both it's wars of independence, and was independent until James VI Stuart inherited both the Scottish and English Crown in 1603, thus uniting England and Scotland in a personal union. This Personal Union lasted until the Acts of Union in 1707 that united England and Scotland into the UK.

I was thinking earlier as in William Wallace

Archived