Podcast on Sothoryos & Central Essos

Hey. A few days ago, me and a bunch of other ASOIAF geeks recorded a podcast on the "Beyond the Free Cities" section of TWOIAF. It goes for about 2.5 hours, and a fair portion of the discussion relates to historical parrelels between Essos and the real-world (e.g. the Carthaginians, the Mongols, the Vikings, etc.). That said, there's also plenty of (wild) speculation on the future events of the novels, and the possibility of weaponising the Naathi butterflies for chemical warfare. ;)

But anyway, here's a link to the episode, with timestamps, if anyone is interested in listening:

https://vokpodcast.wordpress.com/2015/03/01/vok-186-the-world-of-ice-and-fire-sothoryos-central-essos/

03:51 – The Summer Isles
35:50 – Naath
43:50 – The Basilisk Isles
58:34 – Sothoryos
1:18:38 – The Grasslands
1:53:21 – The Shivering Sea
2:00:21 – Ib
2:17:54 – East of Ib

Thanks! :)

Hey. A few days ago, me and a bunch of other ASOIAF geeks recorded a podcast on the "Beyond the Free Cities" section of TWOIAF.

Thanks, enjoying the discussion on wyverns and the weird beasts and diseases ;)

I dont know why but it annoys me when people self advertise on this forum for media outside the forum.

Is this against the rules?

I guess it just seemed relevant to the sub-forum discussion. But I'm happy to take it down if it's against the rules. :)

Thanks, enjoying the discussion on wyverns and the weird beasts and diseases ;)

Ugh, I can just imagine that hot, wet air, sticky leaves slapping at your face, bugs crawling all over you. Give me the blizzards any day.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived