HBO and the Number of Seasons

Arrow of the Morning

Hi

The Mtv site shows some statements made by Michael Lombardo that wishes that she series last for 10 years. The site also rings some justifications in defense of more seasons beyond the planned seven seasons.

The page is here:

http://www.mtv.com/news/2104734/game-of-thrones-ten-years/?xrs=_s.fb_main_c.tv_h.16

Some reasons are fair to me:

I also are a little bit skeptic about D&D finishing all the books in 7 seasons. Even showing A Feast for Crows and a Dance with Dragons together we have a plenty of material and it can be divided in 2 seasons (even partially) and George will write 2 books with more than 1500 pages each one (almost 2 books in one). Can they tell the entirely story in the next 3 seasons?

With more seasons, George would be able to finish Winds of Winter and (may be) A Dream of Spring before the end of the series. Martin finishing the books is important; one of the reasons of why the series is being good of the series is George's job is very good. The quality of the show is directly linked with how good is George's books. For example: the last two seasons are considered the best ones and - no coincidence - were based in Storm of Swords, may be the best book of the A Song of Ice and Fire until now. The producers knows the end, but I think that with books the show will be much better than without then.

The possibility of prequels and spin offs. May be after Game of Thrones comes to end we can visit Westeros again. We can see a spin off of Dunk and Egg or a prequel about the Robert Rebellion. It would be fine, in the last years we saw some good spin off/sequels series like Better Call Saul, Agent Carter and Gothan. A prequel with 3 or 4 seasons is possible.

Ultimately, I do not see any problem the series has more than seven seasons. Some series that lasting for many years like House and Dexter had a disappointing end and others like Breaking Bad had a was very good end. The reason is some series (like Dexter) the writers never stopped to think how all could end. They just produce other series after another, without thinking about tomorrow. Breaking Bad was different, the producer wanted to give a good end to Walter White and co. They knew what they were doing and Game of Thrones is much more like Breaking Bad in this aspect.

What you think about the season have more than seven seasons?

Cheers.

Archived