Things that confused you the first time reading?

zammey12

I admit to being half asleep during alot of the Mereen plot because all of the names were confusing and I was dissatisfied with the last two books at that time.

After my first re-read I started seeing the underlying plots (that havent yet been resolved) concerning the Shavepate and his undermining Dany and her Court at every turn. I now believe him to be the main elite House behind the Harpy and that he is trying to elevate his house by having Dany and Barristan mistrust Hizdhar who is innocent of Barristan's accusations I believe.

The Green Grace is also in on the plot. Dany has enemies everywhere... She still does not understand how many people and econolies she has affected both positively and negatively that are plotting right under her nose.

Barristan and her Bloodriders need to get her to Westeros before she is killed.

I'm still not certain that Ramsay isn't Reek, or vice versa - or whatever - but I only read it once :)

Re the names, if you had seen the show multiple times before reading, the names aren't too much a hassle. A few too many Rob sounding names, still.

Re the Faith and the Freys, aren't the Faith focussing on central Westeros? I just thought the North was too far way for them to bother.

Ramsay pretented to be Reek.

And about the Faith, I got a feeling (but that might be influence by the current tv season) that their main power is in KL.

I admit to being half asleep during alot of the Mereen plot because all of the names were confusing and I was dissatisfied with the last two books at that time.

After my first re-read I started seeing the underlying plots (that havent yet been resolved) concerning the Shavepate and his undermining Dany and her Court at every turn. I now believe him to be the main elite House behind the Harpy and that he is trying to elevate his house by having Dany and Barristan mistrust Hizdhar who is innocent of Barristan's accusations I believe.

The Green Grace is also in on the plot. Dany has enemies everywhere... She still does not understand how many people and econolies she has affected both positively and negatively that are plotting right under her nose.

Barristan and her Bloodriders need to get her to Westeros before she is killed.

Interesting. I really didn't get any of the plotting in Mereen, but if you look at KL/westeros, there has to be at least some plotting in Mereen. So Hizdhar having good intensions after all and the shavepate plotting against Dany sounds reasonable.

Though I do feel it's a bit a of double game this way.. I mean, westeros/KL was the plotting story (the game of thrones), the north was the Nightwatch vs the wildlings which later weren't such a threat and the real threat became the others. Dany was the 'threat across the sea' who was building up her army to start joining the game of thrones. Starting plotting in Mereen etc. makes it feel like a double game a bit..

Archived