Total crackpot for Jon's future- Possible book and show spoilers

Red Typer of Dorne

Ben H'gahr, on 27 Jun 2015 - 10:38 AM, said:snapback.png

According to his quote in the wiki, it does:

Some people think it was a spell that protected Dany from being consumed in the fire.

A king-Khal's blood

A powerful witch

the birth of dragons

Since she hasn't been walking through fire since, we don't know if it's conditional or not. She definitely has amazing heat resistance. The scalding dragon eggs didn't burn her hands and the incredibly hot water didn't bother her at all. Her grandfather Aegon "Egg" was burned in the fires at Summerhall, so, he wasn't fireproof. And one of Aegon's brother's died from drinking wildfire. And obviously Viserys couldn't even handle hot wax well (the bath, not the crown of gold)

So Dany is rare.

I think GRRM's quote about heat tolerance is kind of like saying some people like really spicy food and others don't. Heat tolerance doesn't equal fire tolerance. I also don't recall the hot eggs or bathwater being in the books, I think D&D just liked emphasizing the point of heat tolerance because it's "cool". It's more likely that she didn't burn because of magic and blood sacrifice. In the books, she gets burned and blistered by Drogon's fire in the pit.

So if Jon's body is burned, then he could in theory rise up from the flames, as this could be another case of teh blood magics.

According to his quote in the wiki, it does:

Resistance != immunity. Did he later change his mind to say Targaryens have no increased tolerance to heat?

Is Dany a special case, that can resist fire better than other Targaryens, or is Viserys a special case, that cannot resist fire as well as other Targaryens?

Resistance =/= Immunity, it is not the same. "...that doesn't mean they are immune to fire." How much more obvious can it be? ???

Dany being burned w/her dragon eggs was a 1-shot GRRM said.

Again, no Targaryen fire immunity.

• 2 months later...

You know i actually have a crackpot theory that involves davos too, perhaps you guys can tell if i should lay down the tinfoil a bit.

So, we begin where we left in the finale, jon being stabbed, i think Mel could be in Jon's quarters since it is the only place thats not full of rapist, she notices something is wrong with jon because ghost is out of control (like greywind in the RW), she lets him out and follows him to the place where jon is, but she is too late he is dead, so, she needs to hide the body, as you pointed out, but how could she hide the body, she's alone,weak and a little unstable since all the business with stannis, here's where Davos enters the play, he's the best smuggler in westeros, he can totally hide jon's body, but where?, i know we havent had any exposition to the ice cells (at least that i remember), but i think is not far fetched that edd knows about them, so he help them get jon there (he's still loyal to jon), they put jon in the ice cell and mel gives jon the kiss of fire, he comes back, but remains comatose ( here BR could give him a tour to his true origin, just like he did with bran), midseason, perhaps even finale, jon wakes up, to find the wall about to fall and the NW fractured. The wildings would serve as a distraction, being surrounded the conspirators would not pay attention to jon's corpse

I'm not gonna lie - I actually really like this. I saw some scripts (supposedly shortened to a summary) but if they're real then this is definitely a possibility. Nice, VenezuelanLord  :cheers:

Burning bodies is what the NW always does now. And Jon is dead. I bet he will not return without a fire. I expect something comparable to Daenerys in season 1, more or less. I don't think Melisandre could do the magic really. But it could help if she was burned like Mirri Maz Duur.

I have given this some thought. Once Davos finds out that Mel burned Shireen I don't see much longevity for her character. I thinking burning her on Jon's pyre would parallel Dany's fire scene. The only thing in the way is Mel saying she will meet Arya again, but that could just end up being a plot hole. 

Tinfoil hats ready? Then I'll begin.

One of the biggest obstacles to Jons resurrection is the fact the NW will want to burn his body. What if they burn the wrong body? But how? I hear you say, the NW know what jon looks like. That is true, but we have Mel at the wall who is competent with glamours, in fact let me direct you to the following quote from ADWD

"The bones help," said Melisandre. "The bones remember. The strongest glamours are built of such things. A dead man's boots, a hank of hair, a bag of fingerbones. With whispered words and prayer, a man's shadow can be drawn forth from such and draped about another like a cloak. The wearer's essence does not change, only his seeming."

This is conversation between Jon and Mel where Mel explains how the strongest glamours are made, with boots or hair (both fairly vague) but then a bag of finger bones is very specific, indeed only one person in ASOIAF is known and that is Davos who is also at the wall.

In the books, Davos loses his finger bones at the battle of blackwater, in the show however, this is not mentioned though Davos's fingers are still shortened.

So here's the crackpot bit, what if Mel kills Davos and Glamours Jon as Davos using his finger bones? With Stannis presumed dead along with Shireen, could Davos's ultimate purpose be to protect Jon long enough for Mel to resurrect him.

So what do you guys think? Do I need to be committed?  

Good thinking sir. However , I think it's Olly who is glamoured not Davos.

Everything else is spot on and correct, hot me up after episode 2 when confirmed.

Archived