Will Ghost have to be sacrificed to bring Jon back ?

Wild _Rover

I really hope Ghost doesn't have to be killed for Jon's sake, but I'd say it's likely that will happen. I was re-reading one of Bran's chapters in ADWD yesterday and came across something I had totally forgotten:

Bran is in Bloodraven's cave, trying to warg into some ravens who just seem to be chillin' there. When he finally manages to warg into one, he feels the presence of another person, some unnamed woman, inside the raven. Bloodraven later explains to him that having traces of their souls trapped inside the animals they used to warg into after they die is very common for wargs, and that this will probably happen with Bran/Summer after Bran dies.

Taking that into account for Jon's story, I'd say it's almost certain that he will really die and go through the very process BR has described. If that is the case (and it is very likely), Jon and Ghost will most likely become one and having Jon wear a human body again will probably take the sacrifice of Ghost's body. ):

I don't want to believe it, but yeah, I think only Ghost can pay for Jon.

I think that it's possible that Jon and Ghost could become one; the prologue of ADWD (if I remember correctly) shows the conflict of two or more souls in one body, and I think that this was not gratuitous.

However, I prefer Jon to resurrect in his own body, in some way, poor Jon.

Archived