Robb's Plan?

Seaworth'sShipmate

Robb learns his father is taken prisoner, he calls the banners. His men get restless, so he decides to free Riverrun, he marches without the slightest clue how to do that. His father is killed, he is named King in the North... with Riverlanders thinking, they are of the north now too. Robb gets himself a crown. He marches west with the hope Tywin will follow, but forgets to tell his bannermen, who hinder Tywin to follow him. He breaks his pact with the Freys in marrying some chick he had... unflowered :) Oh, yes, and while all that is going on, he sends his very arrogant hostage back to his father, so that the ironborn have no more reason to stay put.

I don't blame him, he is completely overwhelmed, and he listens to all the wrong people. I blame the people surrounding him for not giving better council. Watching Robb pains me, because you just know that will end badly.

he decides to free Riverrun because he needs them if he is going to war with the Iron Throne and /or the Lannisters and because the North has a close relationship with the Riverlands and his mother is a Tully not because "his men get restless" where do you get the "his men get restless" idea from ? what does that even mean?

He went West so he could destroy Tywin's army that is gathering there so he does not get trapped between two large armies .  The plan to draw Tywin West is only formulated after he successfully destroys the Westerland army at Oxcross and realizes that Tywin is staying in Harrenhall to defend Kings Landing from Renly or Stannis. . Robb's strategies worked pretty well. He screwed up with marrying Jeyne and  Roose was working against him for most of the war but if there was no shadowbaby Tywin would have been the one who was screwed not Robb. 

Archived