Theon and Robb: Betrayal

Texas Hold Em

Again. You're assuming that the rest of Westeros would help them get their revenge. They wouldn't.

Didn't talk about revenge & not assume every single region in Westeros would support the North. Show how you know no other region would support them when the fighting ends. Then we'll have something to talk about.

Even if Ramsay didn't cut of Theon's penis, we know many other things he did to him. all we know about Pia is that she was raped. there is a clear difference.

You are intentionally ignoring the facts and changing the rules of what constitutes evidence. That isn't very CONSISTANT of you. And I'm seeing a clear double standard in this logic.

What happened to Pia was torture beyond rape whether you choose to see it not. Missing teeth is factualmevidence of abuse beyond rape and not inferred by me. Hundreds of rapes by the worst men in Westeros over the course of a year is factually stated in Jaime's POV and constitutes a torture I can't even imagine. 
I believe Theon lost at least a portion of his genitalia. Do you?

No we are not talking about his perception of his identity we are talking about what his actual identity was. regardless of what Theon  believed. If Theon believes he is a peacock that still doesn't make him a peacock and if he doesn't behave like a peacock or even understands what it means to be one he can't have the identity of one.

You may not change the goalpost here, especially when it's my point I'm trying to help you understand. I am obviously not talking about Theon's true identity as a peacock or IB, I am talking about the stability of Theon's self-identity prior to going home.

As the reader of a book, we get to know a character's identity because we have the god-like writer who created that character and all the truths & realities of the world s/he lives in. By this view you can say that Theon did not have a true IB identity because you have GRRM telling you what's true (because it's his world & he makes the rules). What you cannot say is that Theon's self-identity that GRRM gave him isn't stable just because YOU know it's not really true.

Jon Snow has a strong, stable self-identity as the son of Ned Stark and a man of WF, does he not? But we know this is a false identity. We know he isn't Ned Stark's son and not even a Stark but a Targaryen. Does his identity suddenly become unstable because WE know the truth? No it does not because his self-identity has not been challenged yet (just like Theon in WF). When Jon learns the truth (like Theon did when he went home), his identity will become unstable until he reconciles this new truth (just like Theon).

You're the one implying that I'm hiding my hypocracy, but you have no reason to think so, you don't know me so you can't just assume things about me that's prejudicing. I put really high value on not being hypocritical and make damn sure to not be a hypocrite myself. I would like to see you try and prove me wrong.

This challenge wasn't my focus (I had good intentions) but it was accepted.....

Theon...got his penis cut off...He's 21 years old and looks like an old man for god's sake... that should tell you enough.

I gave you the proof of Pia's torture and the fact that she went from a pretty, happy young woman to an unrecognizable toothless, battered, haggard soul in the course of a year with the Bloody Mummers and Gregor & Gang, among others.

Even if Ramsay didn't cut of Theon's penis, we know many other things he did to him. all we know about Pia is that she was raped. there is a clear difference

I gave you many chances to not think hypocritically. Now please stop accusing others of it.

Archived