Is Jon (Dayne) better for the plot than Jon (Targaryen)?

Han Lotion

I like the comet's presence theory! But I can't see why Sansa would be Ice and Tyrion fire? Sansa is so "Tully", she got nothing from the North - not even her personality. And why do you think Tyrion is "fire", because you believe he's son of Aerys?

Early on Sansa was very Tully, but she's learned and changed since then. She's a Stark and of the Kings of the North, the Old Gods did see fit to send her a Direwolf after all, they know what she is even if she doesn't. Yes, I wholeheartedly believe Tyrion to be Aerys' son and with the marriage already made so has the ice/fire connection. Jon seems more like a tragic hero who does what needs doing but always looks like a traitor to the realm... songs aren't sung, at least in a positive light, about deeds like his.

Really? I can't remember a single time Rhaegar was mentioned past the death of Robert. Luanda even less. Did show watcher even remember her name before they clunkily tried to propel the viewers into the direction of RLJ.

those characters mean so little in the context of Jon to those viewers that I've heard many reject RLJ and say it would make more sense if STANNIS was his father. Although to be fair it has the merit of meeting the first standard; very good reason for Ned to lie about his parentage. Yet it fails on the "why the hell was Lyanna doing in Dorne protected by the KG" question.

Rhaegar AND Lyanna have been mentioned in the show many times actually.. and I said that in the context in comparision to how many times they mention Dayne.. which is like none. Sorry you did not understand my post lol.

Archived