Fantasy lit that passes the Bechdel test?

white wolfpack

7 hours ago, voodooqueen126 said:

my ex partner had one and he was born in 1979 (but in South India) and a friend from Togo has one  (a few years older), but the last outbreak in the UK for instance was in 1962.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-18365385

whilst the last outbreak in Europe was in the 1970's in Yugoslavia.

Routine vaccinations continued in the US until 1972. Which has very little to do with anything, but it does rather eliminate the need for Claire to be a WWII-era woman.

• 4 weeks later...

Wanted to let you all know that I ended up reading Kate Elliott's Crown of Stars series based on recommendations in this thread and it was pretty much exactly what I was looking for.  I'm about halfway done with it. 

I actually looked at her Spiritwalker Trilogy first, but after reading the kindle sample it seemed really YA, and despite having almost entirely female characters, I'm not sure those first couple chapters even would pass the Bechdel test.  But based on how much I'm enjoying Crown of Stars I may pick it back up.  I suspect if may just seem YA when you read the first couple chapters because the characters start out young at the start of a series. 

By the way, in the US people born in 1971 were the first ones not to get the smallpox vaccine.  I've always used it as an easy way to tell if someone is older or younger than I am since I was born that year.  Very accurate unless someone was born outside the US. 

Archived