Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Lal

Will any of the characters find out about her age/she is not exactly who she says she is?

Recommended Posts

We all saw Mel as she is now what would the other characters think in the show if they knew? Davos, John, members of the nights watch? Would it matter or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, seeing as she can change old saggy bewbs into awesome ones, they might actually start to respect her more, seing that she has some power to do that. Or at least the right tools to get the job done.

On the downside, I don't see them lining up to lend their services in shadowbaby making any time soon. Never if possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. I was thinking that this may have been the very first time Melisandre saw herself for who she really is... for 400 years, she may have worn that necklace, which protected her from ageing, from dying, from poison (Season 2?/Book 2 I think). Her removal of the necklace demonstrates her loss of faith in her visions, her understanding, her Lord of Light; her removal of the necklace is because she does not want to exist if she has lost her faith; her removal of the necklace renders her human again, and, since she is so old, as she crawls into bed, she knows she will fall into a sleep from which she will not wake...

So, the NW will find her when they go to her room to rouse her: dead in her bed, an old crone.

Perhaps this might explain how she assists in Jon's resurrection. Like the fire for Khal Drogo, in which Mirri Maz Duur is sacrificed, Jon will be placed on the pyre, Mel's body too (beneath his), and perhaps someone will place the necklace back around Mel's neck, or toss it into the pyre. Then, Jon's Targaryen blood, combined with the power of the life-giving necklace and the fire, will resurrect Jon, unburned, from the pyre.

Well, it's one idea to add to the pot. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2016 at 0:48 PM, Lupomostro said:

Hi. I was thinking that this may have been the very first time Melisandre saw herself for who she really is... for 400 years, she may have worn that necklace, which protected her from ageing, from dying, from poison (Season 2?/Book 2 I think). Her removal of the necklace demonstrates her loss of faith in her visions, her understanding, her Lord of Light; her removal of the necklace is because she does not want to exist if she has lost her faith; her removal of the necklace renders her human again, and, since she is so old, as she crawls into bed, she knows she will fall into a sleep from which she will not wake...

So, the NW will find her when they go to her room to rouse her: dead in her bed, an old crone.

Perhaps this might explain how she assists in Jon's resurrection. Like the fire for Khal Drogo, in which Mirri Maz Duur is sacrificed, Jon will be placed on the pyre, Mel's body too (beneath his), and perhaps someone will place the necklace back around Mel's neck, or toss it into the pyre. Then, Jon's Targaryen blood, combined with the power of the life-giving necklace and the fire, will resurrect Jon, unburned, from the pyre.

Well, it's one idea to add to the pot. ;)

She was not wearing the necklace a couple seasons back when she was taking a bath, which seemed a mistake on the show's part.  Perhaps the necklace helps to direct the powers that she has inherently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 10:12 AM, Xcorpyo001 said:

Well, seeing as she can change old saggy bewbs into awesome ones, they might actually start to respect her more, seing that she has some power to do that. Or at least the right tools to get the job done.

On the downside, I don't see them lining up to lend their services in shadowbaby making any time soon. Never if possible.

What they do not know is not going to put them off though it would be funny if she unmasked whilst making shadow babies

On ‎01‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 6:48 PM, Lupomostro said:

Hi. I was thinking that this may have been the very first time Melisandre saw herself for who she really is... for 400 years, she may have worn that necklace, which protected her from ageing, from dying, from poison (Season 2?/Book 2 I think). Her removal of the necklace demonstrates her loss of faith in her visions, her understanding, her Lord of Light; her removal of the necklace is because she does not want to exist if she has lost her faith; her removal of the necklace renders her human again, and, since she is so old, as she crawls into bed, she knows she will fall into a sleep from which she will not wake...

So, the NW will find her when they go to her room to rouse her: dead in her bed, an old crone.

Perhaps this might explain how she assists in Jon's resurrection. Like the fire for Khal Drogo, in which Mirri Maz Duur is sacrificed, Jon will be placed on the pyre, Mel's body too (beneath his), and perhaps someone will place the necklace back around Mel's neck, or toss it into the pyre. Then, Jon's Targaryen blood, combined with the power of the life-giving necklace and the fire, will resurrect Jon, unburned, from the pyre.

Well, it's one idea to add to the pot. ;)

loved the thought lets see if GRRM waters the seed

On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 5:42 PM, Jawaburger said:

She was not wearing the necklace a couple seasons back when she was taking a bath, which seemed a mistake on the show's part.  Perhaps the necklace helps to direct the powers that she has inherently.

was it not in her hand whilst she was in the bath?? It also could have been close enough to still have its effect or concealed in/by the bath/Mel herself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×