HS's Shady Past

Does anyone else have a problem with the HS's story of how he became the HS.  He was s shoemaker and wanted the finer things in life. Then threw a big party and realized how useless it all was and turned to the 7.  I only bring this up because literally every one of his actions since we first saw him (serving stew to commoners) has been to bring down anyone in power besides himself.  That focus is obviously directed towards the crown.  Either way after this recent episode and seeing him with that sh** eating grin and staring at Jamie after he beat him and the Tyrells at the sept, there has to be some other reason for his motive. So in my opinion I feel like he threw that party and expected a return but instead was laughed out of his profession or hopes of ever becoming anything else. Now he is hell bent on destroying what he once wanted (to be part of the highborn lifestyle) and instead wants to refocus power in the faith (because he can maintain power and manipulate the commoners into being against the highborn). Just a thought.

Archived