What if Aegon V's (Egg's) kids obeyed him?

aadam13

So what would have happened if Duncan married Lyonel Baratheon's daughter, Daeron married Olenna Redwyne (and bedded her) etc.

Some thoughts:

• Who do would Rhaelle have married? (I think it would have been Jon Arryn, seeing as he is the closest person in age to her who is an heir to a great house.)
  • Would Aegon V have enough power to push for is reforms and if he did what would they be? 
  • Would there be any rebellions because of the reforms?   
  • Would Summerhall have happened?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jasonothegreat
On 6/17/2016 at 0:47 PM, aadam13 said:

Would Summerhall have happened?

I believe Summerhall was inevitable, It was a celebration for Egg's first great grandchild and Aegon did become sort of insane in his quest for Dragons. I think we can see evidence of this madness in the Dunk & Egg Comics. He would have tried to hatch a dragon no matter what. Maybe it wouldnt have been as bad as it was in current history but it could have probably happened. 

On 6/17/2016 at 0:47 PM, aadam13 said:

• Who do would Rhaelle have married? (I think it would have been Jon Arryn, seeing as he is the closest person in age to her who is an heir to a great house.)
  • Would Aegon V have enough power to push for is reforms and if he did what would they be? 

I think you're right about Rhaelle as house Arryn and Targaryen have always been close since the first century. 

He Might have had enough power but in the end it was the smaller lords who were the real problem in the current history, If an LP rose in rebellion it would not have been a light skirmish and would be worth mentioning. Also Just because he had the marriages doesn't mean they'd send their armies instead of their "prayers."

On 6/26/2016 at 5:06 AM, jasonothegreat said:

I believe Summerhall was inevitable, It was a celebration for Egg's first great grandchild and Aegon did become sort of insane in his quest for Dragons. I think we can see evidence of this madness in the Dunk & Egg Comics. He would have tried to hatch a dragon no matter what. Maybe it wouldnt have been as bad as it was in current history but it could have probably happened. 

I think you're right about Rhaelle as house Arryn and Targaryen have always been close since the first century. 

He Might have had enough power but in the end it was the smaller lords who were the real problem in the current history, If an LP rose in rebellion it would not have been a light skirmish and would be worth mentioning. Also Just because he had the marriages doesn't mean they'd send their armies instead of their "prayers."

Agree with you except for the last bit because about the LP's who he married his kid to, not sending their armies to help in a war because house lannister was involved in the peake uprising (233 AC) and the fourth blackfyre rebellion even though they were far from there lands (in the southern reach and eastern crownlands respectively) and not related to house Targaryen (Tywald Lannister the heir died in the peake rising and Tion Lannister the heir died in the fourth blackfyre rebellion).   

Guest jasonothegreat
1 hour ago, aadam13 said:

Agree with you except for the last bit because about the LP's who he married his kid to, not sending their armies to help in a war because house lannister was involved in the peake uprising (233 AC) and the fourth blackfyre rebellion even though they were far from there lands (in the southern reach and eastern crownlands respectively) and not related to house Targaryen (Tywald Lannister the heir died in the peake rising and Tion Lannister the heir died in the fourth blackfyre rebellion).   

Specifically the scuffles though with the smaller lords against Aegon's reforms, Not so much his major wars, If an LP got mixed up with one of the revolts against Aegon's reforms then their would have been another major war to count in Aegon's reign

Archived