Ice & Fire Con 2017, April 28-30, Pembroke, VA

Website | Facebook Page | Facebook Group | Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram

WHEN: April 28 - 30, 2017

WHERE: Mountain Lake Lodge in Pembroke, Virginia

WHAT: The Convention of Ice & Fire, a convention themed around George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire series, is the premiere event of its kind in America. We are not-for-profit and totally fan run.

WHO: Some of the coolest people you'll ever meet! And new for 2017: Fandom Favorite appearances! So far we have Amin and Ashley from A Podcast of Ice and Fire, Aziz and Ashaya from History of Westeros, and PoorQuentyn and Butterfly from ASOIAF University!

WHY: Because who doesn't want to party with nerds for a weekend?

Our fans and attendees voted, and we will now have a weekend-long theme:

What Is Dead May Never Die: Honoring the Dead of ASoIaF

It is a tiny con, but there's something for everyone. Panels, feasts, cosplay, gaming tournaments, a mock tourney, a dance, and lots more. For more info on our events visit www.iceandfirecon.com/events/

While this is a convention focused on all things Ice and Fire and that includes the HBO series, we are a books-first con.

Here is a highlights album from 2016's con. Please note that while cosplay is a wonderful part of the convention, plenty of attendees don't do it, or do it very casually. This year we're already planning a "zombie night" thanks to our theme!

Here is an article about this year's Con: "I've Had the Time of My Life at Ice & Fire Con 2016” (The title is a reference to Dirty Dancing because our location is where it was filmed! You haven't lived until you've see Bittersteel lifting Ramsay Snow Bolton above his head ballroom dance-style.)

Tickets are $60 for the full weekend and do not include food or lodging. Visit our store page to purchase!

I started coming to this con in 2014, and it has been such a fun time. Again cosplay is not required ,although love of puns is appreciated:). This location is basically the Eyrie with wifi! The staff is very helpful and the food and drinks are delicious! I'm one of the volunteers, so I'm here to answer any questions.

Archived