Why did new Unsullied fight for Cleon?

dariopatke

So after Cleon the Great took control over Astapor he made children of former slavers to be trained for new Unsullied.

When Yunkai and allies attacked they fought them as good as they could, why? One would expect for them to turn on Cleon and be restored as slavers, but they stayed loyal, twice.

From ADwD:

“These murders are not their doing,” Dany told the Green Grace, feebly. “I am no butcher queen.”
“And for that Meereen gives thanks,” said Galazza Galare. “We have heard that the Butcher King
of Astapor is dead.”
“Slain by his own soldiers when he commanded them to march out and attack the Yunkai’i.” The words were bitter in her mouth. “He was hardly cold before another took his place, calling himself Cleon the Second. That one lasted eight days before his throat was opened. Then his killer claimed the crown. So did the first Cleon’s concubine. King Cutthroat and Queen Whore, the Astapori call them. Their followers are fighting battles in the streets, while the Yunkai’i and their sellswords wait outside the walls.”

So it turns out some people did turn against Cleon, at least prior to the final battle with the Yunkai'i

18 minutes ago, Michael Mertyns said:

From ADwD:

So it turns out some people did turn against Cleon, at least prior to the final battle with the Yunkai'i

Yes, but when Yunkai attacked they fought hard before Winblown and other sellswords crushed them.

It seems to me they were oposed to idea of him attacking Yunkai again, but when they needed to defend Astapor, they did it as good as they could. And I dont buy that they got brainwashed in that short amount of time.

Archived