So why don't the Starks have a court pre series

Tarellen

While I agree with some of what people have said (and apparently GRRM as well) I would expect some smaller kind of court.  But at the same time for some reason how the Northerners/First Men are described/behave I wouldn't expect a lot of pomp and circumstance.  So while I would have expected some, the North doesn't seem to be about glitz and glamour like the south.  They seem to be much more worried about surviving the next winter and not being as wasteful, for the most part.

• 2 weeks later...
On August 3, 2016 at 5:52 AM, Orphalesion said:

Exactly, real life Nordic cultures had them, so Catelyn should have them too.

Also, sorry, I mean to write "Jeyne Poole's Mother", Vayon's wife, she'd be perfect. 

A stewards wife? Still seems low

On August 3, 2016 at 8:24 AM, jrod said:

While I agree with some of what people have said (and apparently GRRM as well) I would expect some smaller kind of court.  But at the same time for some reason how the Northerners/First Men are described/behave I wouldn't expect a lot of pomp and circumstance.  So while I would have expected some, the North doesn't seem to be about glitz and glamour like the south.  They seem to be much more worried about surviving the next winter and not being as wasteful, for the most part.

While I don't except the stark court to be glamorous I still expect lords jocking for favor 

Archived