Noble House Scenario - Stormlands

James Steller

On 10/22/2017 at 1:53 AM, I Remain Unvanquished said:

I betroth my sister to Lord Dondarrion's son. The marcher lords are skilled warriors and, as my father and brothers proved, the stranger is never far behind any of us anyway. 

I tell Reynol Storm I'm in. At the tourney, I arrange to meet with Lord Caron and Lord Swann in private. Afterwards I return to the conspirator's tent and present them with two bloody cloaks proclaiming that the deed is done and suggest we discuss our next move. When I get a chance I give a signal and the lords Dondarrion, Caron, and Swann pounce. The conspirators are either killed or seized and the bastard has my dagger at his throat before he knows what is happening. As he is being tied up I ask, "Were you really that stupid that you thought I'd betray the woman I love for you?"

I present the surviving conspirators to King Morden and when I'm granted a boon for saving his life, I ask for his daughter's hand in marriage. Hopefully Lord Tarth would be smart enough to realize his cause is dead and leave my cousin unharmed. If not, even if King Morden won't do anything, King Morden is old and his daughter will inherit after him making me king and as king I can make Lord Tarth's life hell and remove his head if he steps a toe out of line. 

As for my niece, since I'm marrying the princess and will be king, I step down from my lordship and name myself Saren's regent until she comes of age. If our cousin survived on Tarth, I'll have him marry Lady Saren. If he is killed I'll find someone who is willing to take my name so he and my niece can continue our house. 

How original lol

Archived