[spoilers] So, in the end, the PTWP...

Aerys Blackfyre

So all it took to take down the apocalyptic menace of the White Walkers with hunderds of thousands of zombies including a dragon, is poking the guy with the horns with a tiny blade of fancy steel. That same guy that's dragonfire proof. "Genius." By a ridiculous tiny ninja-superterminator that Arya devolved into, but that's beside the point. So all those people died utterly pointlessly for nothing. Only Arya's poking mattered in the end.

It was ominous in the previous season when they hinted this idea, I didn't have to be pleasantly surprised.

This has to be one of the stupidest tropes in movies/TV. I already hated in Phantom Menace, I thought it was still idiotic in Avengers. But GOT is probably the worst yet.

Mind you even the books are not well thought out when it comes to the Others. There's great dissonance. Both the weights and the walkers have way too convenient weaknesses too be the sort of menace they're described. Especially the weights. They go up in flames like torches, hell even a smouldering ember could ignite one. Just fire a few flaming arrows and the chain reaction will just finish them when they come at numbers. Save the dragonglass for the precious few Walkers, which melts them practically instantly...

Archived